Iceland's rigorous testing Covid 19

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Defitniely the way to go as was also seen in S. Korea. Though I have to say probably much easier to do on a small island with clear, defined borders/entry points. But kudos to their decisive actions.

South Korea is a Country I have been keeping an eye on recently as they began to go back to daily life, they have opened their theatres - in Seoul at least as Phantom Of The Opera is currently playing there, through Instagram lives with the actor who plays the phantom I have seen a little insight to how they are managing things.

Australia is another country I have been following through online lives with a well known singer sing writer who is very blue and probably not everyone’s cup of tea, where he is they have been allowed get togethers with up to 10 people for the past few days.

Here in the U.K. we seem to be past the peak and a big purpose built Covid 19 hospital has only 20 patients and will be going on standby, we didn’t have the strain on the NHS like they feared, we have had our lowest amount of daily deaths of quite a while, 288 today, a track and tracing app is being trailed tomorrow in The Isle of Wight before hopefully becoming available in the rest of the U.K. in a few weeks. I am very thankful things are going the right way as we have had a softer lockdown the some of European countries as we have been allowed out for exercise and walks with members of our household.

Italy has eased their lockdown restrictions a little and they are now allowed to meet family members at a social distance and go for walks and exercise outside.

I hadn’t heard much about Iceland before now, it countries like mine (Australia and New Zealand) have a few distinct advantages in dealing with all of this, hence the fact we have had less than 100 deaths.

We are islands, our country does not border on any other countries. We are also islands that are a long way from other countries. Most of the population of the world would have to fly for more than a day to get here. It also our population density is very low, we live very spread out, even in most of the big cities. The countries/cities that have been harder hit have had a great population density.

Definitely being an Island is a huge help. I am from the UK, they sure should have closed their borders way faster. In fact they are still not really closed. Isolating the country was a huge win in fighting the virus, plus the 14 day quarantine really stops tourists from arriving.

But more interesting is the depth of testing, providing information that can help other countries understand how the virus spreads, how many people carry asymptomatically, the effects on children. That data will really help us understand how the virus works in the greater population as most countries really only test sick people.

Last edited:
Definitely being an Island is a huge help. I am from the UK, they sure should have closed their borders way faster. In fact they are still not really closed. Isolating the country was a huge win in fighting the virus, plus the 14 day quarantine really stops tourists from arriving.

But more interesting is the depth of testing, providing information that can help other countries understand how the virus spreads, how many people carry asymptomatically, the effects on children. That data will really help us understand how the virus works in the greater population as most countries really only test sick people.

It seems like we are now heading towards test, track and trace in the U.K. as it has worked so well in South Korea and they have noticed that, They really need to close the borders and then implement a 14 day quarantine when they reopen them otherwise what is the point of all this social distancing if people can come in from abroad unchecked.

It seems like we are now heading towards test, track and trace in the U.K. as it has worked so well in South Korea and they have noticed that, They really need to close the borders and then implement a 14 day quarantine when they reopen them otherwise what is the point of all this social distancing if people can come in from abroad unchecked.

100%, even here in Quebec they took a while for people to be quarantined. Before that we had our winter break, and it really made the numbers rise rapidly.

Our border closures are very strict here in Australia. They have been closed for a while, anyone who does enter the country (Australian citizens only) are locked in a hotel under 24 hour guard for 14 days.

State borders are also closed, no travel for state to state, if they urgently need to travel then it is also a 14 day quarantine once entering your new state.

Apparently international travel into and out of Australia is not going to happen again for a long, long time (except to New Zealand). At least not until 2021 but a lot of experts say 2022.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back