Gym opening data in the US by state

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I’m interested to know as well. Our gym is open for privates only right now (Southern CO), but we’re preparing to open in a limited capacity June 1...if legally allowed. Hoping the governor gives an update with more information this week.

In CO also....hoping for the same :)

Arizona opened up workout gyms, so most gymnastics clubs seem to be opening up. My kid doesn't do gymnastics anymore, but she coaches. Her gym has opened up for some teams, small groups and is working on a re-opening plan. Many of the BIG gyms are open as of 5/18 and are even offering summer day camps.

Most Ohio gyms seem to be opening May 26.
I’m from Ohio and our gym is not opening right away. The local health departments have the authority to extend opening and our local one did not authorize reopening on May 26 despite a pretty solid plan on the gym’s part to accommodate all of the guidelines and beyond. They submitted a rough draft of all guidelines before the announcement was even made by the Governor and asked for parent input. As a medical professional with a background in public health, I had no additional critiques to their draft, and with these guidelines, was comfortable with sending my 2 athletes back to the gym. I am not sure if they qualify for the June 1 ‘youth sports’ opening or not. We are anxiously waiting for the health department to allow it to open.
Our gym is opening, we are the other “big” gyms in our area!

The press conference today said gyms are in phase 4 with no date given for phase 4.
Hmmm. Well I guess we’ll be getting an update tomorrow. Although it sounded like they had worked out all the details with MDH. That will be disappointing for all the girls.

Hmmm. Well I guess we’ll be getting an update tomorrow. Although it sounded like they had worked out all the details with MDH. That will be disappointing for all the girls.
We are waiting to hear from our gym as well. They may still be able to open on June 1 but after today it didnt sound promising.

I’m from Ohio and our gym is not opening right away. The local health departments have the authority to extend opening and our local one did not authorize reopening on May 26 despite a pretty solid plan on the gym’s part to accommodate all of the guidelines and beyond. They submitted a rough draft of all guidelines before the announcement was even made by the Governor and asked for parent input. As a medical professional with a background in public health, I had no additional critiques to their draft, and with these guidelines, was comfortable with sending my 2 athletes back to the gym. I am not sure if they qualify for the June 1 ‘youth sports’ opening or not. We are anxiously waiting for the health department to allow it to open.
That’s too bad. Although, I would argue that after the lawsuit was decided today, and the judge found in favor of gyms, any gym could open as of today legally??

I thought that was only for one specific county, not statewide. Unfortunately, not my county. However, I can see others following suit.

We are waiting to hear from our gym as well. They may still be able to open on June 1 but after today it didnt sound promising.
I think they fall under the youth sports practices that can be socially distanced. I think the gyms they reference are like Lifetime etc. I could be wrong, but I hope not.

This is from Ohio:

1590079879104.png

1590079917917.png

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back