WAG Junior Olympics name change?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnastics_parent

Proud Parent
Does anyone have information on why they are looking to rename JO?

WOGA was forced to change it’s name years ago. Originally it was World Olympic Gymnastics Academy. It was changed to just WOGA and forced to stop using the word Olympic.

I found many people (initially) found the term "Junior Olympic" confusing....like I dont expect my kid to go to the Olympics so is that the path I want? and the you throw Elite in there and it blows their mind. I think moving away from Junior Olympic could help with newbie parents who are hesitant to make the jump to team. I normally love trying to think up clever names but I feel at a loss on this one it will be interesting to see what they come up with.

I found many people (initially) found the term "Junior Olympic" confusing....like I dont expect my kid to go to the Olympics so is that the path I want? and the you throw Elite in there and it blows their mind. I think moving away from Junior Olympic could help with newbie parents who are hesitant to make the jump to team. I normally love trying to think up clever names but I feel at a loss on this one it will be interesting to see what they come up with.

There is also the problem of new gym parents thinking that their kid is going to the Olympics because she's in JO.

I agree that JO is a confusing term. It really sounds like kids are going to the O's. They could call it any number of things. The USAG Competitive Program would be pretty uncomplicated.

I agree that JO is a confusing term. It really sounds like kids are going to the O's. They could call it any number of things. The USAG Competitive Program would be pretty uncomplicated.
It would still be confusing because xcel is also a usag competitive program. Maybe they should just call it the developmental program.

It would still be confusing because xcel is also a usag competitive program. Maybe they should just call it the developmental program.

THat could work, but the boys already have a stream called the Junior Development program.

Why can’t the boys and girls have the same names: boys and girls xcel, boys and girls developmental.

They can! I think that is easier. But Junior Development is a level within the JO program for the boys. THey have 4 paths: Junior Development, Junior Olympic, and Junior Elite, and the Xcel program. So they would have to change that part of the program.

They can! I think that is easier. But Junior Development is a level within the JO program for the boys. THey have 4 paths: Junior Development, Junior Olympic, and Junior Elite, and the Xcel program. So they would have to change that part of the program.
And the boys will have to change their JO anyways too.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back