Parents No word on meets yet?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

CuriousCate

Proud Parent
Wondering if any of you whose kids have been back at gym for a few months already DON'T have meet scheduled or any word on meets yet. We've been back since mid-May and have not heard a word about whether the gym is planning to forego the season or do some in-state and drivable meets. They have a lot on their plate right now (more than COVID) so I don't want to bother the owner/coaches, but man, it is crickets over here.

Any region 8 folks know what meets they'll be going to (assuming meets are held, obviously)? I'm curious what the likely choices will be.

Wondering if any of you whose kids have been back at gym for a few months already DON'T have meet scheduled or any word on meets yet. We've been back since mid-May and have not heard a word about whether the gym is planning to forego the season or do some in-state and drivable meets. They have a lot on their plate right now (more than COVID) so I don't want to bother the owner/coaches, but man, it is crickets over here.

Any region 8 folks know what meets they'll be going to (assuming meets are held, obviously)? I'm curious what the likely choices will be.
I’m in your region too and we do not have a meet schedule. we usually have one by now (in years pre COVID).

I’m in your region too and we do not have a meet schedule. we usually have one by now (in years pre COVID).

Same. We usually have one by mid-July. I expected a delay but I'm surprised that we haven't even gotten word about whether we are planning to go at all!

we have been back since July and in Region 7. I know when States are but that is it so far. Most other meets listed as TBD and several have already been canceled. Our gym will do 2 single team meets (no spectators) to qualify for States (allowed per USAG guidance). Whether we have an actual season is up in the air. At least my daughter has a chance to score out of the next compulsory level this year. We were worried there would be nothing and have to just practice for a year.

Any region 8 folks know what meets they'll be going to (assuming meets are held, obviously)? I'm curious what the likely choices will need a new one no matter what.

I think I may have mentioned it already, but we are in region 8, and it seems to be business as usual for us. The only thing we haven't heard about it leotards. My daughter has grown a ton and will need a new one no matter what.
Our tentative schedule is Sand Dollar, GGI, Nashville Nights, Charleston Cup and KPAC Cup. I think 2 are Nastia Liukin qualifiers which is important to our gym apparently.

I think I may have mentioned it already, but we are in region 8, and it seems to be business as usual for us. The only thing we haven't heard about it leotards. My daughter has grown a ton and will need a new one no matter what.
Our tentative schedule is Sand Dollar, GGI, Nashville Nights, Charleston Cup and KPAC Cup. I think 2 are Nastia Liukin qualifiers which is important to our gym apparently.

My kiddo needs a new leotard too! She grew like a weed over the time away from gym. But it is the second year of this leo and I'd hate to buy it only to find out that we aren't doing meets and then have to buy a new one next season (our gym uses the same leo for two seasons)

Our gym usually does GGI, but none of the others you've mentioned. But I'm assuming that if we compete at all, they would be more inclined to choose closer meets that what we typically do, so folks can drive...

My kiddo needs a new leotard too! She grew like a weed over the time away from gym. But it is the second year of this leo and I'd hate to buy it only to find out that we aren't doing meets and then have to buy a new one next season (our gym uses the same leo for two seasons)

Our gym usually does GGI, but none of the others you've mentioned. But I'm assuming that if we compete at all, they would be more inclined to choose closer meets that what we typically do, so folks can drive...

They usually keep a leo for 2 seasons also. They've had these for 2 seasons already, so we would normally be due a new one. But I haven't heard anything about ordering one yet. Her leo is a GK child large and she wears at least an adult small now. She's almost 5'2.. no way she's getting into a child large. lol.

We've done all those meets before except KPAC Cup. I like that there are 2 localish meets, but am not thrilled about Orlando or Nashville. They are "driveable", but not exactly a close drive. And going to Orlando makes me nervous right now anyway. I like Charleston Cup and it's not a bad drive and is a nice area. I'm skeptical about big meets happening anyway at this point, but it's good to have a tentative plan.

Hope you hear something soon either way so you can make plans!

Same about the leo! Also region 8. I don’t know what’s going on!

Yeah, I don't think I would be going to the orlando meet! That drive is not a fun one and we aren't getting on any planes. If we do, our kids need to stay home from school for 14 days on return, so nope.

We are region 3. Coaches have been in communication with the older 9/10 college bound group and are including us in the decision making on both our comfort level with Covid and with any nonrefundable fees. Nothing definitive yet. Planning on 2 Nastia qualifiers in the region (both drivable) and the rest in our state (including one we host) and the bordering state (we are on a state border).

We have Leos on order, and have a full meet schedule. This past Sat, some girls went to a meet near Atlanta. It went very smoothly, even with all the restrictions they had to follow, and the level of competition was pretty impressive from all the gyms there, considering many had a lot of uncharacteristic time off.

My dd’s gym has been open since May 18, with only a handful of cases that didn’t spread to everyone. The affected ones stayed home the required days of isolation, and returned without incident. There hasn’t been a case since mid-July. i have no reservations about meets, judging meets, going to meets, traveling to meets, or my kid competing in meets. We are ready for a regular season to happen.

Our HC was having a meeting tonight with the rest of the team coaches in the district to discuss the impending meet season.
Our Middle School Team season is going forward for now. We are hopeful.

We would normally have ours in July too, but we just got word this week that the season is happening. Schedule comes out this week for us. The state still doesn't have host gyms listed for state comps yet though.

We bought our leos they should be in this week they said they are going to operate like there will be a meet season to help keep normalcy and give the girls something to work towards but we dont have a meet schedule yet (and we normally would be getting it right about now) I am hoping that while they are striving to do the normal amount of meets we go more local than travel the optional team usually has a few travel meets. Buy who knows I am not the biggest fan of meet season so a short season would probably be a blessing for me :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back