WAG Back handspring help!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I’ve had my bhs and stepout for so long for a couple years and I had a strong one last year! Nowadays it’s super off and on! Here are the video comparisons separated by a couple weeks! But lately they’ve been so bad and I don’t know what I’m doing wrong now or how to improve! The first one is the most recent one, the other one was from a couple weeks ago. I feel like one just feels so much heavier than the other and I don’t know what I’m doing! Link is attached please help!

I’ve had my bhs and stepout for so long for a couple years and I had a strong one last year! Nowadays it’s super off and on! Here are the video comparisons separated by a couple weeks! But lately they’ve been so bad and I don’t know what I’m doing wrong now or how to improve! The first one is the most recent one, the other one was from a couple weeks ago. I feel like one just feels so much heavier than the other and I don’t know what I’m doing! Link is attached please help!
link is this!

Try to jump a little higher in the beginning so that you have more time to prepare your arms to block off of the ground. When your arms do hit the ground, make sure to push all the way from your shoulders and keep your arms strong. My coach used to always say to hit the ground instead of the ground hitting you. Lastly, work on turning your hips over faster. This will speed up your back handspring and give you more power!

The first back handspring your chest is dropping forward and you're jumping straight up and landing hard on your hands. The second back handspring your chest stays up and leans back more, so when you jump you go more backwards instead of up. It lands more lightly on your hands. Work on leaning back a bit on take off, otherwise you'll go straight up and straight down which won't feel very good on your wrists and joints. It'll feel heavy. The other way will feel lighter.

For the future, it's much easier to give a correction if we can see it from the side rather than the front. Maybe try recording it from a side angle and reposting. We might be able to see more of what's going on.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back