So now that the vax is a reality who will be getting.......

• Thread starter Deleted member 18037
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So who will be getting the vax.

• We will, whole family as we are approved

Votes: 96 76.8%
  • None of us will

Votes: 13 10.4%
  • Some will (feel free to elaborate via post)

Votes: 16 12.8%

• Total voters
But that's the problem. The guidelines are not at all clear. Dr Fauci once (in an interview on January 6) said that if you had covid to wait 90 days. But no one else has said this. Current CDC Guidelines say if you had monoclonal antibody treatments you have to wait 90 days but if you had covid you may have immunity so you can wait. Many other experts have said get the vax as soon as you are eligible, just wait 10 days post infection. When you apply for an appointment they ask if you had monoclonal antibodies within the past 90 days and a covid infection within the past 10 or 14 days. There are no clear guidelines at this point.
Dr Fauci is also now saying wear 2 masks. I find this beyond hilarious (and not in a good way) since a majority of people cant wear one mask properly

Are you referring to those people who walk around with their masks below their noses? Nothing drives me crazier.
Why yes I am. Even in the hospital. I have now been in 5 states, multiple areas, over 10 hospital systems and on planes.

the amount of folks not wearing masks is ridiculous and I know every last one of them if they were Covid positive would swear on their mothers lives they were properly masked. Not....

most reagent onrpe at Target. Daughter and I properly masked turn down an aisle and the lone woman in the aisle see us and promptly puts up her mask. I so wanted to say honey don’t bother you already spread your air and germs all over.. No point that’s why we wear our masks.

Again, multiple stays, planes, hospital, hotels, elevators etc.... I have been properly masked so far so good despite the idiots

Timed out, the reality is most people wear masks. Well over 50 percent of them don’t wear them properly.

So mask mandates mean absolutely nothing to me. Every state I have been in has a mask mandate. Means next to nothing.

My job has a new positive case everyday due to the lack of cleaning and customers who don’t care about our safety. I would love the vaccine but my state is the worst and I have no idea when I will be eligible.

My job has a new positive case everyday due to the lack of cleaning and customers who don’t care about our safety. I would love the vaccine but my state is the worst and I have no idea when I will be eligible.
How many cases are because of lack of cleaning.please reference the data. My exp is it’s not about cleaning except hands

How many cases are because of lack of cleaning.please reference the data. My exp is it’s not about cleaning except hands
I could be really wrong about this. But i think they are currently underestimating the amount of surface transmission. I mean why are we supposed to wash our hands if surface transmission is not a serious issue?

Yes, it is definitely not about cleaning. It is about shared air and not wearing a mask properly.
The only thing we know for sure about this virus is nothing the experts say today is "definite." Far too little data far too much yet unknown.

I'm the only one in my immediate family (adult, no kids, no spouse). I intend to get it. I have "underlying health conditions", though I'm not seeing much as to any connection with COVID (spina bifida). Haven't really read up on renal failure. That would be reason one for me to get it.

Vaccines and masks are not 100%, but they aren't < or = to 0 either.

I could be really wrong about this. But i think they are currently underestimating the amount of surface transmission. I mean why are we supposed to wash our hands if surface transmission is not a serious issue?
Because you touch your face and nose etc.. with your hands. The virus doesn't travel It doesn't jump up off of surfaces. Dies relatively quickly with out a host.

And I assume that the above is just your opinion?

Folks are over cleaning.

The only thing we know for sure about this virus is nothing the experts say today is "definite." Far too little data far too much yet unknown.
And there is actually a lot of data now. Clean your hands and your immediate work space.

Been out and about the whole time. Been working in labs for over 30 yrs.

Because you touch your face and nose etc.. with your hands. The virus doesn't travel It doesn't jump up off of surfaces. Dies relatively quickly with out a host.

And I assume that the above is just your opinion?

Folks are over cleaning.
Its totally just my opinion. Yes. And i understand that the virus does not jump off surfaces. But . . . .one way our hands get to carry the virus to our face is by surface contact? No? In other words, I touch a surface where the virus is present and alive and then I touch my face.

Its totally just my opinion. Yes. And i understand that the virus does not jump off surfaces. But . . . .one way our hands get to carry the virus to our face is by surface contact? No? In other words, I touch a surface where the virus is present and alive and then I touch my face.
Which is why hand washing is enough.

I just do not agree. How many times do you touch your face inadvertently? You can not wash your hands non stop all day long.
You wash your hands after touching surfaces......

I take the stairs or elevator. I don’t clean the bannister, door handles or buttons. I sanitize after touching them.

We go grocery shopping I don’t wipe the cart or groceries. I sanitiz after getting the stuff in the car. the first thing we do when we get into the car is sanitiz. Bring the groceries in the house. Put them away, wash hands and counter.

We do not remove our mask until we have cleaned our hands. It keeps the mask, nose and mouth area, clean.

Yes we wash/sanitize hands a lot.

In the lab even more. It’s just routine here.

If folks are cleaning everything thing that comes in the house or they touch, they are over cleaning.

A year ago we touched our faces inadvertently a lot. That has now changed.

And catching the virus, requires a high enough viral load inside our bodies, not on the body surface.

Just sharing a delayed side effect I had... I had the first dose with no issues, just a sore arm for a day. But a week later, I noticed that below the site was out of nowhere a little tender. When I looked at it, there was a red bump that was warm and a little itchy? I talked to a couple people and apparently two other pharmacists at another store in my division got it too. One said hers was more like a hive. But same thing, a week later, below the injection site, and a little forward (like toward the body?) too. Then Puma and one of his coworkers who got their first shot 4 days after I did got this too a week after theirs. Upon further research, apparently this is fairly common? We all happened to have Moderna. All of us said it was very minor, and 100% gone in a day. So just in case anyone else gets this, you’re not crazy and it’s not anything to worry about!
My sister was eligible for the vaccine through her work. She got the Moderna vaccine and developed a welt/hive below the injection site nearly a week after receiving it.

You wash your hands after touching surfaces......

I take the stairs or elevator. I don’t clean the bannister, door handles or buttons. I sanitize after touching them.

We go grocery shopping I don’t wipe the cart or groceries. I sanitiz after getting the stuff in the car. the first thing we do when we get into the car is sanitiz. Bring the groceries in the house. Put them away, wash hands and counter.

We do not remove our mask until we have cleaned our hands. It keeps the mask, nose and mouth area, clean.

Yes we wash/sanitize hands a lot.

In the lab even more. It’s just routine here.

If folks are cleaning everything thing that comes in the house or they touch, they are over cleaning.

A year ago we touched our faces inadvertently a lot. That has now changed.

And catching the virus, requires a high enough viral load inside our bodies, not on the body surface.

Why on earth would we not be taking every reasonable precaution at this point to avoid contracting a virus that has essentially brought the world to its knees and brought an end to anything remotely resembling normal life? Why encourage any level of laxity? Wiping surfaces is easy enough. Or wearing gloves when you touch a surface it is not practical to clean first. Then wash hands. And of course we still touch our faces inadvertently. That’s the essence of an inadvertent action — you do it without thinking, it’s reflexive.

My sister was eligible for the vaccine through her work. She got the Moderna vaccine and developed a welt/hive below the injection site nearly a week after receiving it.
Apparently it’s fairly common! I have my second shot on Friday and I’m wondering if the same thing will happen. As a pharmacist I’m glad I know so I can let people know not to worry if it happens to them. Thanks for sharing!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back