MAG Mens/boys support?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
As far as I know, R9 will be having regionals in Utah, with spectators. Just haven't heard anything different.

Winter Cup/ETC seemed to go pretty well, so hopefully there is an example system in place to make these things work!

Hello!!!! So first my DS is level 8.... we are in Region 7 (we are in NJ). I was told that we are having our regionals in Harleysville, PA (no West Point :( ).

We have had quite the season.... so my sons coach just retired this past month (we knew it was coming we just didn't know when). The boys haven't competed at all this season however we just moved him to a new gym (March 1) and they asked if we want to put him into a virtual meet so they can qualify him for regionals. Of course we said yes but now he's scrambling to get his routines together (I think he'll be ok). He's 11 and he hasn't had opportunity to do any tech sequences this year so Nationals are definitely not on his radar but would be nice to get out there and at least get in regionals.
I’m glad you were able to find a new gym so quickly. I bet that’s a challenging transition (new gym, new coach(es), new teammates, etc.). It sounds like he’s handling it well though. My son was a L8 this time last year, and state was canceled due to covid, so we didn’t even get a shot at regionals. We’ll see how this year goes. State for us (IL) in in 15 days for my L4 and and 17 days for my L9...I hope it goes well. Well good luck to your son. Thanks for responding to my post :)

Has anyone heard anything about regionals? At this point I have not heard whether R7 is going to have a regional meet this year, and even if they do, what it might entail. It's possible that my son's weird in-house state meet next weekend will be his last JO/JD meet.

Region 7 regionals will be at Liberty Bell (formerly Montco) the second weekend of April. Qualifying will be tougher than in past years to keep the size reasonable but I haven’t heard specific details yet. Our coach just started telling the boys details today so I’m guessing more info soon.

Wow! Surprised and very pleased. Now to see if our gym will participate. I hope so. My guy has been working hard and improving, and has a few things I think he'd like to try competing before he's through with junior gymnastics.

Wow! Surprised and very pleased. Now to see if our gym will participate. I hope so. My guy has been working hard and improving, and has a few things I think he'd like to try competing before he's through with junior gymnastics.
I hope your gym attends - these guys work so hard, they deserve to compete!

Is that “state” meet at your gym just you guys? I still don’t really understand how it’s all working. We are doing the one in Rochester which seems to be by far the biggest of the three.

No -- we will have some downstate, Syracuse, Capital Region, and a few guys from North Country. Four sessions. I think western will be the biggest but we may be second. Kennett is coming up this way and I think World Cup too.

Region 7 regionals will be at Liberty Bell (formerly Montco) the second weekend of April. Qualifying will be tougher than in past years to keep the size reasonable but I haven’t heard specific details yet. Our coach just started telling the boys details today so I’m guessing more info soon.
So I just found out they (i.e Region 7) are holding tight to Technical sequences requirements so my 11 year old (level 8) won't be able to go to regionals. :(

So I just found out they (i.e Region 7) are holding tight to Technical sequences requirements so my 11 year old (level 8) won't be able to go to regionals. :(
That's a bummer, but on the bright side he gets to start up training sooner and you save yourself $155! :p

(Our gym doesn't do tech sequences, our young 8s stop after states as well).

We were told they only have to do one tech sequence routine to qualify. So some of our boys are only doing the vault. Did you hear otherwise??

No -- we will have some downstate, Syracuse, Capital Region, and a few guys from North Country. Four sessions. I think western will be the biggest but we may be second. Kennett is coming up this way and I think World Cup too.
Oh good! That should be a fun meet. I have lost track of what teams there even are in the state. This past year has caused a void in my brain ‍♀️

What if . . . just hear me out, here . . . our men's programs had state websites that people actually updated with actual information about things? I know, crazy talk.

Or, I don't know, maybe I'm just spitballing here, if people making the decisions let all the coaches in the region know all the info as soon as they had decided?

(You may call me a dreamer, but I bet I'm not the only one . . . )

Region 7 is having in person regionals this year in PA. They are having small virtual meets to get scores and determine qualification. I don’t know how many boys are doing the virtual meets. We decided not to do the virtuals because we don’t intend to travel for gymnastics again until fall season.

What if . . . just hear me out, here . . . our men's programs had state websites that people actually updated with actual information about things? I know, crazy talk.

Or, I don't know, maybe I'm just spitballing here, if people making the decisions let all the coaches in the region know all the info as soon as they had decided?

Can you even imagine???

I would love to redesign our states Mens USAG website.... really would LOVE to!! I created a small website for my sons old team at one point. I had so much fun with it.

Web design aside. I do feel like my current gym is well informed. It sounds like for region 7 they have given each state allotments, therefore each state may have to approach regional qualifications differently based on how many boys (at what ages) they have interested in what levels.

I should just be lucky that my level 8 has the opportunity to do any meets at this point because in his old gym there was no plan to compete (virtually or otherwise). And also boy.... these meets expensive ... $155 for regionals.

Has anyone heard anything about regionals? At this point I have not heard whether R7 is going to have a regional meet this year, and even if they do, what it might entail. It's possible that my son's weird in-house state meet next weekend will be his last JO/JD meet.
region 9 is having a competition. It is pretty open this year, no qualifying
As far as I know, R9 will be having regionals in Utah, with spectators. Just haven't heard anything different.

Winter Cup/ETC seemed to go pretty well, so hopefully there is an example system in place to make these things work!
Crossing the fingers on being able to see them perform in person. If we could just get the schedule of when the kids are competing.

I am right there with you. The communication or lack of communication sucks!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back