Return to practice after having Covid?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymisforeveryone

Coach
Judge
Hi!

Has anyone of you or your gymnast had covid and returned to practice after that? How did it affect you and how did the return go? I would love to know since one of my girls is returning tomorrow, she had it pretty mild but I'm still a bit worried. She has asthma too. She has been out of the gym for 3 weeks and has done very minimal activity. A little bit stretching and daily walks outside. Her doctor had said that she can return normally and do what she can and what feels good. We will of course contact the doctor again if needed so I'm not looking for medical advice, just want to know other experiences.

I hope everyone can stay safe and healthy.

Hi!

Has anyone of you or your gymnast had covid and returned to practice after that? How did it affect you and how did the return go? I would love to know since one of my girls is returning tomorrow, she had it pretty mild but I'm still a bit worried. She has asthma too. She has been out of the gym for 3 weeks and has done very minimal activity. A little bit stretching and daily walks outside. Her doctor had said that she can return normally and do what she can and what feels good. We will of course contact the doctor again if needed so I'm not looking for medical advice, just want to know other experiences.

I hope everyone can stay safe and healthy.
I know it isn't necessarily the same for your gymnasts as it would be for an elite gymnast, but Makayla Skinner had Covid.

My younger sister (20s, healthy, not a gymnast but does crossfit) had a mild case of covid in the fall. One week later she was back to working out, getting PRs... most of the time she feels fine. However months later she still has random days where she cannot even take a full breath let alone exercise. Her endurance capacity just became very unpredictable. So, if I were coaching someone trying to return I would just take it day by day and not have expectations based on what she may have been capable of on any previous day.

My daughter didn’t have a confirmed case of Covid but lost her sense of taste/smell while 3 in our household had positive tests. If she had it, it was mild. She was maybe a little extra tired getting back into the swing of things at practice but that could have also been because she was out for 3 weeks. I hope your daughter does well!

Thank you! I'm her coach btw, not her mother. Sorry for confusing you!

She was at practice for 2 hours today. We decided to start slow, so she only did very basic skills. She's a high level gymnast (would be level 9-10ish in the USA) but we decided to start with only a little trampoline and floor and bar basics like giants, kips and spotted cast handstands. She did well. She said she didn't have any weird feelings in her lungs so that's good she said that she felt like her skills on tramp and floor weren't as high and good as they used to be but that's understandable after 3 weeks away from tumbling.

I watched the mykayla video and I really hope that my gymnast didn't come back too early. She doesn't have any symptoms anymore other than occasional coughs, but she always has a cough after a flu because of her asthma.

I hope she bounces back to her old level and stays healthy.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back