So now that the vax is a reality who will be getting.......

• Thread starter Deleted member 18037
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So who will be getting the vax.

• We will, whole family as we are approved

Votes: 96 76.8%
  • None of us will

Votes: 13 10.4%
  • Some will (feel free to elaborate via post)

Votes: 16 12.8%

• Total voters
Actual studies. That is what I read. Not the spin on the studies, but the studies themselves.
Yes.

THen what exactly would you consider a unbiased news source? Unfortunately everything these days is biased one way. It doesn't matter if its biased one way if it shares the TRUTH.
I did not ask you to cite a news source.

Granted I was not clear but I did not specifically ask for a news source either.

News is not my reference for science facts. They are typically biased and slanted and they like a good headline. They publish bits that seem extreme until you look at the actual data.

First NO death is a good death. And lets look at your "source" 7800 injuries, 181 deaths. Nu Again which we don't actually know are in any way directly related to the vaccine. If I saw that headline I would be aghast. And because know headlines are there for attention grabbing I look deeper. I hate numbers cited in a vacuum. Only thing I hate more that doesn't include the numbers not reported. So I dug deeper

Source https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/

100 million vaccine doses in the US, 7800 injuries reported (of which it is unknown if the are at all related to the vaccine, nor how severe) that’s 0.0078%

181 deaths (of which it is unknown if related to the vaccine) 0.000181 %,
These are not numerous, comparatively.

I think people want to see the actual scientific data that supports your statement about vaccines being dangerous. :)
Yes. Again no issue with anyone choosing to vax or not. I don't even care to know the reason.

My poll has the option,........ none of us will. Straight and to the point.

Right up until claims are made about vaxes causing injuries and death. Then I want to see real scientific data to support the claim.

Your opinion about how you personally weigh risks and rewards is valid. Your factual claims about the safety of the vaccines are not. If we can toss around our beliefs about empirical questions and just say that every belief is valid without any criteria for determining what validity means, we have no way of determining definitively that anything is safe. As a social scientist, I rely on a number of clear criteria (sketched briefly in a prior post) for determining the validity of factual claims about safety and efficacy, and I understand the limits of my ability to evaluate research independently.

I just looked up Del Bigtree on the wikipedia and skimmed. "Anti-vaccine" is the first word that stuck out. So, data, but with an agenda to it.

Long lines here in So Cal for an appointment, but I am in, for the 13th of next month. Funny how it appears that the Spina Bifida Association is saying that spina bifida doesn't make anybody more susceptible to COVID, or an abnormally bad bout of COVID. But I thought I had heard about COVID hurting the kidneys, and renal failure has been a leading cause of death for folks with spina bifida.

Vaccines and masks aren't perfect, but in my mind, they are exponentially better than the alternative.

Mask up! Vax up!

this is a collection of weekly videos that re-quote studys and even Fauci himself. They don't conduct the studys or make up information, they just gather the information for you to have in all one place.

I have found that he has accurate information, from study's that are made by reliable sources.

Its not like I believe everything he says, I look at the actual studies he breaks down, and I look at other sources. I know how to research, I do not need your help

Great news! You are saying here that you have looked at the actual studies that make up the basis of these Highwire videos, and that they inform your assertions (spoken as a "facts") that there are "numerous injuries just in the trials" and "the fact that only 1% of vaccine injuries are reported."

That is what people are asking you to direct them to...these actual studies that you have reviewed. Would you please list a couple of those here so we can see that data?

@B&M's mom I signed my daughter up though the local children's hospital for the pediatric vaccine study. And they contacted me back this week to say she qualified. Now waiting instructions for the next step (I had also signed up through Moderna and Pfizer youth trials but had been told a while ago that they were full, so this new one is a pleasant surprise) If you check out local medical facilities or call your doc to see if they are offering something local! I'm hoping kids get approved soon!

i'll vax it because is best a puncture than suffer twice. Be at ICU for weeks and later suffer the consequences of that Virus also i had relatives who was infected with that virus and got consequences and are serious like loss of respiratory capability, hair loss and loss of smell sense. here are available the Pfizer and a Chinese one Sinovac but Astra Zeneca, Cansino or Sinopharm vaccines aren't authorized by the Chilean Drugs and foods administration.

Both husband and I will get our 2nd in a couple of weeks. Feels great to finally have some solid way to protect myself rather than relying on others to follow safety guidelines. It also feels like a tiny light at the end of the tunnel.

Super sore arm, worse than flu or tetanus shot for me but felt significantly better the next day. I also felt like a cold was coming on but then symptoms of that just disappeared.

I know too many people who are still suffering long term side effects from having covid, ages ranging 15-45 from otherwise healthy people. Those long term effects are really taking a huge toll on them mentally and physically. I'm grateful to have made it to the vaccine without having been infected.

For anyone still wondering, I have been searching for this Harvard study, for my claim, 1% of vaccine injurys are reported, and I found it. Sorry I wasn't able to cite this earlier to back up my claim, I have had my hands full with gymnastics lol : )

Still waiting for a study that reports actual correlation to an adverse reaction to a vax and death related.

This is not an actual study. This is data collected about possible reactions.

Nothing in this paper suggests direct correlation.

I had my Moderna vax today. I had a headache shortly after. You might want to call that an adverse event. Someone might report it as an adverse event.

I call it, not having breakfast. I ate as soon as I got home, headache gone....

Still waiting for an actual study. I’m especially waiting on the one that ties those deaths to being vaccinated

In the meantime we are now up to 486 million doses world wide, 130 million in the US. As per the Bloomberg Covid 19 tracker which appears it gel with John Hopkins (they aren’t given total, just state totals and other countries totals). Up from 300 million worldwide and 100 million in the US since my last post of data

The actual AIM of this data collection, was and stated in Italics

”Develop AE criteria to assess these parameters for new or abnormal value that might be suggestive of an adverse event”

MIGHT BE SUGGESTIVE......... not even close to linking causation

The linked document is not a published study. It is an overview of preliminary results provided to the funding agency and describes a research design that would have tested reporting of adverse events. The full study as designed appears never to have been completed. From the report: "however, due to restructuring at CDC and consequent delays in terms of decision making, it became impossible to move forward with discussions regarding the evaluation of ESP:VAERS performance in a randomized trial, and compare ESP:VAERS performance to existing VAERS and Vaccine Safety Datalink data. Therefore, the components under this particular Aim were not achieved." They presented preliminary results at a few conferences and then apparently moved on to other research projects. I understand that the language here is pretty technical, but it does not support the claim you are making.

This team wasn't biased against blowing the whistle on underreporting. Indeed, they published a related study on reportable diseases with a vaguely similar design in the Journal of the American Medical Informatics Society at around the same time.

As a general rule, there's no incentive to sit on big news publishable results from major studies.

Proud Gymnast: You stated "and the fact that the vaccine doesn't even prevent you from getting the virus, it only reduces symptoms"

I would like to add some new knowledge/facts to this widely held belief:

Early results are showing good evidence that fully vaccinated people ARE EXTREMELY UNLIKELY TO BECOME NEWLY INFECTED WITH, AND TRANSMIT, THE VIRUS. Over time, as more vaccines are administered and the real-world infection rates among vaccinated people are counted, the statistics/scientific evidence will tell us for sure. Thus far, things are looking very optimistic

Here are two peer-reviewed medical journal articles (i.e. unbiased numbers) that speak to this:

New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM), published March 23, 2021: the percentages of fully vaccinated persons who became infected with the SARS-CoV-2 virus was 4 out of 8,121 which is a rate of .05 percent
Source: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2101927

And a second study, also published in the NEJM on March 23, found a new SARS-CoV-2 positivity rate of .05% in a total of 14,990 vaccine recipients.

If the above rates continue, it does indeed seem that vaccination will reduce infection with, and transmission of, the virus.

I am sure we all know people who are not able to get the vaccine who would love to be able to do so (i.e., immune-compromised, those undergoing chemotherapy, etc.). For their sake, even if you are not worried about yourself or your family getting COVID, it would be a gesture of love and support to your community to get the vaccine and help reduce the amount of circulating virus. And we all care about our community, right?

I am sure we all know people who are not able to get the vaccine who would love to be able to do so (i.e., immune-compromised, those undergoing chemotherapy, etc.).
And those benefit from vaxs. As they should.

And as I stated above those that chose not to are afforded that luxury because of those of us that do.

I respect anyone who chooses not to vax. It would be nice if they recognized that they feel safe to do that is because of those that do.

Proud Gymnast: You stated "and the fact that the vaccine doesn't even prevent you from getting the virus, it only reduces symptoms"

I would like to add some new knowledge/facts to this widely held belief:

Early results are showing good evidence that fully vaccinated people ARE EXTREMELY UNLIKELY TO BECOME NEWLY INFECTED WITH, AND TRANSMIT, THE VIRUS. Over time, as more vaccines are administered and the real-world infection rates among vaccinated people are counted, the statistics/scientific evidence will tell us for sure. Thus far, things are looking very optimistic

Here are two peer-reviewed medical journal articles (i.e. unbiased numbers) that speak to this:

New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM), published March 23, 2021: the percentages of fully vaccinated persons who became infected with the SARS-CoV-2 virus was 4 out of 8,121 which is a rate of .05 percent

And a second study, also published in the NEJM on March 23, found a new SARS-CoV-2 positivity rate of .05% in a total of 14,990 vaccine recipients.

If the above rates continue, it does indeed seem that vaccination will reduce infection with, and transmission of, the virus.

I am sure we all know people who are not able to get the vaccine who would love to be able to do so (i.e., immune-compromised, those undergoing chemotherapy, etc.). For their sake, even if you are not worried about yourself or your family getting COVID, it would be a gesture of love and support to your community to get the vaccine and help reduce the amount of circulating virus. And we all care about our community, right?
Do the reports mention how many of the vaccinated medical personnel in these studies previously had Covid? I read the first and did see it but it may be buried in the tables. It may account for the significantly improved response compared to the clinical group. I have not seen any studies that determine the re-infection rate in general. If it were high, I am sure we would be hearing about it in the news and it has been almost 18 months since it arrived on our shores. I feel that this data may not be disclosed until most of the population has been vaccinated.

not anti-vax... just interested int he data not being reported and why these important aspects are not being studied.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back