So now that the vax is a reality who will be getting.......

• Thread starter Deleted member 18037
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So who will be getting the vax.

• We will, whole family as we are approved

Votes: 96 76.8%
  • None of us will

Votes: 13 10.4%
  • Some will (feel free to elaborate via post)

Votes: 16 12.8%

• Total voters
An update on 12-15 Pfizer Covid vaccine EUA.... the CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices has set a meeting on Wednesday to discuss said subject. So they must know that the FDA will give the go ahead before then. I’m cautiously optimistic that we’ll be able to vaccinate that age group late next week. Which would be HUGE for my family since we told Puma Jr that she can only attend USAIGC Worlds in July if she‘s fully vaccinated. Fingers crossed....

An update on 12-15 Pfizer Covid vaccine EUA.... the CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices has set a meeting on Wednesday to discuss said subject. So they must know that the FDA will give the go ahead before then. I’m cautiously optimistic that we’ll be able to vaccinate that age group late next week. Which would be HUGE for my family since we told Puma Jr that she can only attend USAIGC Worlds in July if she‘s fully vaccinated. Fingers crossed....

Thank you! I have been looking for the date of the meeting and haven’t been able to find specifics.

I told Tinker Bell that as soon as she’s gotten dose #1 I will call the gym to set up her return date 5 weeks later. This has finally motivated her to start doing some sort of conditioning (I don’t know exactly what). It is going to be a long road back after 15 months out of the gym, especially since her teammates have been spending the time uptraining instead of competing. I had better lay in a supply of chocolate.

Thank you. All better and back home. :) And my appointment has been rescheduled for tomorrow.
Lol, ended up having to reschedule again - my sister didn't feel comfortable with me getting the vaccine so soon after getting out of the hospital.
I was able to reschedule it for yesterday afternoon. I got the Pfizer because that is what they had there. Only a sore arm (feels like it used to when my older brother punched me in the upper arm). Hasnt stopped me from doing anything.

Happy Yes It Is GIF

So does Puma Jr. get hers Wednesday night or Thursday morning?
Everything I’m reading seems to point to Thursday being the first day the vaccine will actually be able to be given that age group? But of course Thursday is my crazy day where I work at my other job (independent pharmacy like 35 min from me) so I’m not home until about 7. So depending on what appointments are open, either late Thursday or Friday. We’ll see!

I am so nervous about finding an appointment for Tinker Bell. Getting adult appointments was like trying to score Hamilton tickets.
I am thinking it won't be as bad this time around. Most adults/older teens who want the shot have gotten it and the age group is significantly smaller now with 12-15. Our local pharmacies have wide open days for appts right now.

And let’s hope they can get back to normal. Lockers, labs, 5 days, cafeteria open, no masks etc....... because if not there is not point in getting vaxed.
I will be happy just to get mine back in school with live instruction. Our district is making noises about not being able to accommodate everyone in person this fall, despite the fact that they are not distancing and have not reduced class sizes. It’s also unclear whether they will ever return to live synchronous instruction for AP courses. I don’t care about lockers or the cafeteria or sports or any of that fluff, but our district is prioritizing those things over instruction. Somehow unmasked wrestling during the January surge was more important than, you know, having actual teachers for the AP courses.

And the point of getting vaxxed is to avoid lifelong disability.

I don’t care about lockers or the cafeteria.
Lockers and food aren’t fluff.
Sports and music isn’t either.

No lockers actually puts them at risk for injuries, a backpack full of books, chrombook, plus a viola, plus their sports gear. My kid is lugging close 30 pounds of stuff, all around the building.

The manyreasons to vax including to get us back to normal. “Fluff” included.

Why aren't they using the lockers? I thought it would be less risky that carrying stuff around all day and leaving it around for others to touch.

And what are they doing for meals without a cafeteria? I mean I know a Cafeteria isn't essential, we have never had them here, kids just eat Morning tea and Lunch outside. But I thought schools weren't really set up for that in the US?

Why aren't they using the lockers? I thought it would be less risky that carrying stuff around all day and leaving it around for others to touch.

And what are they doing for meals without a cafeteria? I mean I know a Cafeteria isn't essential, we have never had them here, kids just eat Morning tea and Lunch outside. But I thought schools weren't really set up for that in the US?
Who know why they are not using lockers. They can’t congregate, not enough time. and yes there no logic. When I complained about leaving a viola on field on the rain/heat etc can damage the viola and they would be paying for it. They found a room can leave their stuff in during practice. No science at all.
I think it’s about being unable to clean. No science there either. Hospitals use lockers all over the country. I can assure you they are not being cleaned. Covid doesn’t jump out of lockers and jump into peoples noses.

Cafeteria is not offering food in the typical way. its boxed and proportioned. Most of the kids feel is not enough food and just bad. My kid has taken to making her lunch. One more thing to carry and costing me money as lunch was free.

More nonsense. No late bus home because they wouldn’t be able to social distance (to cheap to have extra buses, yes our district has the money). In yet another conversation we had with superintendent. We were like we are lucky we can get our kid home. There are kids who can’t do sports this year because of transportation issues. He said they can car pool. Umm they can’t be on a bus together but let’s stuff them in a car.

No logic, and certainly no science in much of the nonsense regarding schools.

Its so interesting to read about the difference in schools, even pre-pandemic. My high schoolers and their friends rarely, if ever, use their lockers. Their school is large and its a hustle to get to the next class on time. There's just no time to stop at a locker so they carry their backpacks everywhere. The exception is sports equipment/backpacks & instruments - those get dropped off in the locker room or music rooms. Our schools have been offering free healthy boxed lunches to every kid all year; in normal times school lunch is $$$. And it took a few weeks, but they worked out a late bus to help with kids needing transportation to get back to campus for sports. Its definitely not a normal year but the school district seems to be following the science as it evolves and making changes as needed.

Back to the thread topic - as of this week my family is finally fully vaccinated!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back