Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
us-classic.jpg

For those of you that are interested in talking about all the major elite competitions... Gymnaverse.com is for you. This is ChalkBucket's sister site. The topic for session 2 of the senior competition is already taking off. You can join in the conversation at the following link...

The conversation from session 1 is still going as well at the following link...

Or... if you'd like... you can talk right here in this thread too!

Watch session 2 on NBCSN...

I’ve been glued to the TV much of the day...my poor kids I’m just so happy Grace had a good meet after injury; I’m rooting for her. Just hoping Suni can hang in there with her ankle (achilles?) and that Riley injury isn’t too serious , I’m such a fan of her! Kayla DiCello and Jordan Chiles are making good arguments for themselves!

I was very frustrated with flo yesterday for the Juniors comp... wish USAG had picked a company that could present these meets better. I have seen some of their presentations on other sports that were definitely higher quality.

The senior session coverage and pre-show coverage of session 2 on Peacock was great. The quality is soooo much better than Flo. I wish USAG would contract with them instead.

As a somewhat casual fan, I was embarrassed at the amount of coverage spent watching Simone get her feet taped. I get it, she's the GOAT and that had never been done before, but... yeesh. I'm sure NBCSN could've cut to another gymnast's routine. I did appreciate that her tape was appropriately colored for her skin tone, though. As a Black woman, I'd love to see such items more widely available for athletes of all skin tones!

The quick run down...the beam pretty much got all the big skills, lol. Josc fell on her aerial LOLO & I think Chio fell on beam too. Nola slid off the low bar on her PAK!! But the routine was beautiful up to that point. Lincoln and Jong owned the floor (Josc words). EK tweaked her ankle on vault and scratched the remainder of the meet, but I’m pretty sure that was just a precaution and that she’s ok.

Speaking of tweaked ankles… Has anyone seen updates on Riley yet? I kept waiting for the commentators to give an update when she didn’t come back for bars but they never did.

Speaking of tweaked ankles… Has anyone seen updates on Riley yet? I kept waiting for the commentators to give an update when she didn’t come back for bars but they never did.

I heard she was getting an MRI today but have not heard of any results yet. Keep your fingers crossed that she is OK.

I missed Session 1 live, but belated props to Shilese Jones. She is stunning - I swear, she reminds me of my college-age stepdaughter, LOL. I was able to watch her routines on YouTube. She apparently had a rough competition but her gymnastics is so, so pretty to watch. Also, she had an absolutely *gorgeous* leotard that had perfectly skin-tone matched mesh sleeves! (wished it would have had a lower leg cut though)

Addendum to my previous post. I'm officially a fan now (*wipes tears from eyes*)

Addendum to my previous post. I'm officially a fan now (*wipes tears from eyes*)

I loved watching this. I especially loved to see how good the atmosphere seems to be in that gym. The girls look happy, bubbly and not afraid to talk to themselves. Usually when you watch documentaries like these, you see an army of silent girls, who don't laugh, who don't joke, who only nod their heads and make a little smile when they know they are videoed. So this was new and fresh!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back