So now that the vax is a reality who will be getting.......

• Thread starter Deleted member 18037
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So who will be getting the vax.

• We will, whole family as we are approved

Votes: 96 76.8%
  • None of us will

Votes: 13 10.4%
  • Some will (feel free to elaborate via post)

Votes: 16 12.8%

• Total voters
My husband is fully vaccinated. I got my first Pfizer last week. I was contemplating not getting the second one since I had Covid in November and it looks like there is some good evidence that 1 is sufficient if you have had Covid but I think I will likely do the second just so I will be considered fully vaxed by the "powers that be." I am still debating quite a bit on my kids. I will probably hold off on the 2 that had Covid. I am also waiting to talk to my daughter's rheum- she's always tricky. My 17 year old son wants it so we will probably have him do his in the next week or so.

Thanks, I was just asking about Canada with Bog. I know they were delaying their second shots. Just didn't know how long.
112 days to be exact for Moderna and Pfizer and now 8 weeks for Astra Zeneca which is only given as second doses now. It might change next week as we are supposed to receive more doses. I had my first dose on april 21st, and I'm supposed to received my 2nd on august 11th. As a kinesiologist, I've been allowed by our governement to vaccine. (They did that for many profesionnals to have enough staff). I should start in the next couple weeks. I'm also hoping to receive my second dose faster because of that!

Just yesterday, we vaccinated more than 100 000 people. So for a population of about 8,5 million in the province, we're reaching 1,2% of our population.

Got my 2nd dose Yesterday morning. Arm doesn't hurt as it did after my first one. First dose was in my left arm because the nurse was on my left side and that is my dominant hand (60% lefty / 30% righty / 10% whichever is more convenient at the time). Felt like my older brother punched me for 3-5 days.

This dose was in my right arm. No pain for the first 7 hours (until my "chunky puppy" decided to try to climb over me to get in my arms). Wasn't as bad as the first one, but came close for about 2 hours - I took tylenol and put an ice pack on it for 20 minutes. Now it only hurts if I touch it.

Been going round with the kid. She would rather not.
It looks like it’s coming down to masking. she says, if I get the shot I can lose the mask? Gimme the shot......

It will be mid summer...

Been going round with the kid. She would rather not.
It looks like it’s coming down to masking. she says, if I get the shot I can lose the mask? Gimme the shot......

It will be mid summer...

If I let my 14-year-old make all her own choices, she'd eat nothing but waffles, sushi, and strawberries and do nothing but play video games and go to gymnastics practice. (She still wanted the vaccine, though, because it means she gets to go back to real school and gymnastics.) Just saying.

Here in Quebec, at, 14 kids are their own health advocates. A parent has simply no say in any medical situations after that age. I totally understand letting an older child making an informed decision. I am a total vaxxer, but I am not dragging a 15 year old child it the clinic and pinning them down. I would, however, work to educate them, discuss fears, reservations etc.

This is not to say I would be happy about it, but forced medical procedures are a very real issue.

Here in Quebec, at, 14 kids are their own health advocates. A parent has simply no say in any medical situations after that age. I totally understand letting an older child making an informed decision. I am a total vaxxer, but I am not dragging a 15 year old child it the clinic and pinning them down. I would, however, work to educate them, discuss fears, reservations etc.

This is not to say I would be happy about it, but forced medical procedures are a very real issue.
Interesting! My kids are on board, but if they weren’t it really wouldn’t have been much of a choice. I suppose if they really had legit issues with it I’d have to at least consider that, but then they’d have to continue wearing masks and not having sleepovers etc. But I did not know the 14 rule in Canada! Learn something new every day lol

Interesting! My kids are on board, but if they weren’t it really wouldn’t have been much of a choice. I suppose if they really had legit issues with it I’d have to at least consider that, but then they’d have to continue wearing masks and not having sleepovers etc. But I did not know the 14 rule in Canada! Learn something new every day lol

This is for Quebec, I do not think for the rest of Canada. Children, aged 14 and over, have to request their parents to be in the room with them for medical appointments.

If I let my 14-year-old make all her own choices, she'd eat nothing but waffles, sushi, and strawberries and do nothing but play video games and go to gymnastics practice. (She still wanted the vaccine, though, because it means she gets to go back to real school and gymnastics.) Just saying.
Seriously you don’t want to go there.........
I’m good with my parenting choices. Mine is almost 16.........
And I’m big on natural consequences, educating herself (she is actually old enough to understand science, and have a discussion)..

I haven’t kept her home (Or us). No need. She would of been in school 5 days business as usual if it was up to me. She has been back at gym since last July. Playing HS sports since January. Any thing she has been kept from is due to over regulation not science. We made decisions based on the data and science with appropriate mitigation. She isn’t at high risk of disease. she is likely to get just as “sick” from the vax or if she gets Covid, at her age. And currently we and those at higher risk that are close to her are vaxed therefore protected.

We have mature discussion based on science, not fear...... And after all those discussions it will likely come down to the consequences. Mask or not..... wings clipped by other peoples decisions or not.

What I don’t do is lie. So she won’t be walking into places unmasked if their policy is vaxed or mask...... and I don’t look her in the eye and tell her this is a Vax with long term data and all will be perfectly fine. Likely yes, do I know for sure no. And if she asks what I would do I tell her. Her odds off getting and surviving Covid or vaxing issues are similar. She has a say..... what happens to her body. JMO, but it’s a huge thing. For us, in this family, to prevent abuse........

Seriously you don’t want to go there.........
I’m good with my parenting choices. Mine is almost 16.........
And I’m big on natural consequences, educating herself (she is actually old enough to understand science, and have a discussion)..

I haven’t kept her home (Or us). No need. She would of been in school 5 days business as usual if it was up to me. She has been back at gym since last July. Playing HS sports since January. Any thing she has been kept from is due to over regulation not science. We made decisions based on the data and science with appropriate mitigation. She isn’t at high risk of disease. she is likely to get just as “sick” from the vax or if she gets Covid, at her age. And currently we and those at higher risk that are close to her are vaxed therefore protected.

We have mature discussion based on science, not fear...... And after all those discussions it will likely come down to the consequences. Mask or not..... wings clipped by other peoples decisions or not.

What I don’t do is lie. So she won’t be walking into places unmasked if their policy is vaxed or mask...... and I don’t look her in the eye and tell her this is a Vax with long term data and all will be perfectly fine. Likely yes, do I know for sure no. And if she asks what I would do I tell her. Her odds off getting and surviving Covid or vaxing issues are similar. She has a say..... what happens to her body. JMO, but it’s a huge thing. For us, in this family, to prevent abuse........
Totally agree with the choice to give your teenager autonomy over her body. But can you point me to your data source that hospitalization and death rates for Covid vaccine vs Covid infection in teenagers are same? I haven’t seen those and like to stay informed.

Totally agree with the choice to give your teenager autonomy over her body. But can you point me to your data source that hospitalization and death rates for Covid vaccine vs Covid infection in teenagers are same? I haven’t seen those and like to stay informed.
I get my data prdominately from the John Hopkins site along the CDC.

Then I do the math...... edited to add, she looks at the data too

Second shot done for Puma Jr! She wanted the first one the first day it was legal for 12-15, and we backed the second one up a couple days since States is this weekend. This will be her first meet with other teams in almost 18 months...My older daughter gets her second shot on Saturday (I’m doing it lol) so we are only 18 days away from having a fully vaxxed house. Feeling some light at the end of the tunnel!

Anyone hesitating over vaccinating their teens with the increased rates of heart inflammation? I am trying to decide whether or not to do my son's second dose which he is due for on Wednesday. One thing that is tricky is he was already experiencing some physical symptoms from anxiety that are similar to the symptoms of the inflammation. Based on fairly strong side effects from his first dose, I suspect he probably had covid already (half of our family tested positive) so I might decide the risks outweigh the benefit of any small increase in immunity. I'm at least going to wait and see what the CDC says this week.

Anyone hesitating over vaccinating their teens with the increased rates of heart inflammation? I am trying to decide whether or not to do my son's second dose which he is due for on Wednesday. One thing that is tricky is he was already experiencing some physical symptoms from anxiety that are similar to the symptoms of the inflammation. Based on fairly strong side effects from his first dose, I suspect he probably had covid already (half of our family tested positive) so I might decide the risks outweigh the benefit of any small increase in immunity. I'm at least going to wait and see what the CDC says this week.
My daughter is getting her 1 st Pfizer tomorrow. I would not let her do J&J if it was approve.

Do I worry? Yes as I do about life in general. She could get in a car accident and I’ll be letting her drive in 6 months…..

The “increased” rates of heart issues is statistically insignificant.

Vaxes are amazing. mRNA, is amazing. Perfect? No. And we will all be vaxed by the end of July, FWIW

How old is he? Depending on age, it may be a decision he could/should make. My adult dd got it because her college is requiring it. My 2 sons (one adult, one almost an adult) are still on the fence. We talk about it and I give them as much info as I can but I am leaving it up to them. Even if they were younger (14+), I would do this. It is what I did with all non-required vaccinations once they hit their teen years.

I should of added I will be watching her like a hawk……..

As nearly all complications are treatable and survivable if addresses quickly

How old is he? Depending on age, it may be a decision he could/should make. My adult dd got it because her college is requiring it. My 2 sons (one adult, one almost an adult) are still on the fence. We talk about it and I give them as much info as I can but I am leaving it up to them. Even if they were younger (14+), I would do this. It is what I did with all non-required vaccinations once they hit their teen years.

We did the same from about the same age.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back