Parents Switching from USAIGC to NGA

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mrs. Puma

Gold Membership
Proud Parent
Our gym announced today that we will be switching from USAIGC to NGA for the upcoming season. I looked at their website briefly, and plan on sinking my teeth into it later, but does anyone have any feedback yet? Thanks!

Watching…..I am curious how the new organization did its inaugural year. Whether those that switched to this new org were happy with how it went or regretted the switch

Watching…..I am curious how the new organization did its inaugural year. Whether those that switched to this new org were happy with how it went or regretted the switch
This is what I’m wondering too. So far I haven’t heard anything negative?

I haven’t heard anything… but am following this as I would be interested in hearing more about it.

Initially was leery, but we do not regret the switch. Skills are very comparable to USAG for the optional levels that my girls competed in NGA, and I did not find scoring to be vastly different.

Our gym announced today that we will be switching from USAIGC to NGA for the upcoming season. I looked at their website briefly, and plan on sinking my teeth into it later, but does anyone have any feedback yet? Thanks!
Hi! I find this so interesting because downstate doesn't have any NGA stuff going on as far as I know. What made your gym make the switch? Do you know?

Hi! I find this so interesting because downstate doesn't have any NGA stuff going on as far as I know. What made your gym make the switch? Do you know?
I don’t know all the details obviously. In my opinion USAIGC is a great program in many ways, but unfortunately the communication and organization has gotten worse and worse in the four years my daughter has been in the program. There was a whole debacle with Worlds that I believe was the final straw. I support my gym’s decision even though I am a little nervous about the change.

Hope it is wonderful! You certainly became well versed in USAIGC and were a tremendous help to me. So thank you.

My daughter's gym has been USAIGC since she started team (at least 6 years), and it's been fine. But their (USAIGC) communication at the start of the pandemic was just awful (that is to say, almost non-existent). This basically left the member gyms hanging out to dry, and all they could say was we'll let you know as soon as we hear from USAIGC. I believe our gym has been considering a switch. I hadn't heard of NGA before, so this is exciting new information. I'm curious to see how this new org does. Does NGA have many member gyms yet, and if so, where? I looked at the meet schedule (calendar) on their web page, and it lists just 6 events, five of them from October through December are in Indiana, then a January event in Louisiana - so it doesn't seem very widespread yet. USAIGC also seems pretty regionally concentrated, but at least we are in one of those regions.

There was a whole debacle with Worlds that I believe was the final straw. I support my gym’s decision even though I am a little nervous about the change.
What exactly was the debacle with worlds? We quickly decided we wouldn't be going regardless of what decision USAIGC made, so I didn't really pay attention. Also, if you don't mind sharing, what is your daughter's gym?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back