WAG USAG Judge Harassing Riley

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Empowered

Proud Parent
Has anyone seen these comments from Angela Andrews, who from what I understand is a judge, attacking Riley McCusker? Apparently Maggie Haney and several other judges have liked some of the nasty comments too.

Not that the dumpster fire that is USAG ever fails to surprise me with this kind of crap but are you fricken kidding me right now?

How are these people still in the sport??

I’m not sure if originated on IG or FB or what but there are screenshots of her posts and Maggie’s interaction with them all over Twitter.

Has anyone seen these comments from Angela Andrews, who from what I understand is a judge, attacking Riley McCusker? Apparently Maggie Haney and several other judges have liked some of the nasty comments too.

Not that the dumpster fire that is USAG ever fails to surprise me with this kind of crap but are you fricken kidding me right now?

How are these people still in the sport??
I did see this earlier, and am just utterly speechless. And they called Riley’s recent IG post where she discusses processing not being selected, moving to train in AZ etc as nasty, though it definitely was not.

Abuse the abused. That is just lovely.
And USAG allows it… The reality is they have the power to nip this crap in the bud if they wanted, but they’d rather pull the “wE caN’T cOntrOL whAt cOachEs And jUdgeS sAy” card while sticking their fingers in their ears going “la la la can’t hear you!”

To not even issue a basic statement of condemnation immediately tells us all we need to know.

If I were Riley, I would document this and add it to the lawsuit and file a formal complaint against this judge. Heck can I file a complaint?
They don't have to listen to you, but you can tell them what you think:

Angela Andrews is a member of the National Association of Women’s Gymnastics Judges (the governing body for all WAG judges in the US)
General email: national.nawgj@gmail.com
Catherine Batsche, President: cbatsche@tampabay.rr.com
Anne Heppner, Vice President: nawgjvpann@gmail.com
Denise Green, Secretary: secNAWJG@gmail.com
Bonnie Synol, Region 7 Judging Director: bsynol61@gmail.com
Leslie McPeel, NJ co-State Judging Director: mcpeekrl@gmail.com
Kelly Gaston, NJ co-State Judging Director: karokelly704@gmail.com

Angela is also a coach at Envison Gymnastics. You can us their online contact form to reach them: https://envisiongymnastics.net/contact/ 3

(contact information pulled from a post on the gymnaverse forum)

They don't have to listen to you, but you can tell them what you think:

Angela Andrews is a member of the National Association of Women’s Gymnastics Judges (the governing body for all WAG judges in the US)
General email: national.nawgj@gmail.com
Catherine Batsche, President: cbatsche@tampabay.rr.com
Anne Heppner, Vice President: nawgjvpann@gmail.com
Denise Green, Secretary: secNAWJG@gmail.com
Bonnie Synol, Region 7 Judging Director: bsynol61@gmail.com
Leslie McPeel, NJ co-State Judging Director: mcpeekrl@gmail.com
Kelly Gaston, NJ co-State Judging Director: karokelly704@gmail.com

Angela is also a coach at Envison Gymnastics. You can us their online contact form to reach them: https://envisiongymnastics.net/contact/ 3

(contact information pulled from a post on the gymnaverse forum)
I absolutely will be emailing all parties, as should everyone. The only way things change is if enough people demand it. Being disgusted without action only keeps the status quo. Thank you for doing the work to find these. Someone ought to post this information to the gym parent Facebook pages as well.

I’m not sure how MyKayla’s comments four years ago have any bearing on this situation, but the outrage at MyKayla’s comments is still very much present four years later. The difference for me is that MyKayla was a teenager when she made the comments four years ago. She has since apologized, and her behavior now compared to four years ago appears to be someone who has matured and grown. She will probably always take flack for it, and that’s a hard learned lesson that actions sometimes have lasting consequences.

This is a grown woman who is holding what is supposed to be an unbiased position in a organization that is calling out and harassing an emotional abuse victim in a post Nasser era. Teenagers do and say stupid things often without fully realizing the weight or impact of their actions. An adult woman should know better. You shouldn’t have someone in a position of authority over athletes (which as a judge giving out scores, I think it can be viewed as such) that has harassed a victim on a public platform.

This thread went off on a bit of a tangent. I wanted to bring this thread back to its original subject, but also wanted to allow the other discussion to continue, so those posts have now been moved here:

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back