MAG Would you like for the men to have music on floor?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
Ok maybe instead of music that is choreographed just like Hype music playing in the background...I do think they do this some at the JO meets someone above said they like jamming out to the songs during the guys meets... but do they at the Olympics? Like everyone gets to pick their Floor Hype song...you get some personality without the added pressure of any "choreo"

They did have quite fun music playing at the olympics. It was awesome!

Would you like men to have music with their floor?

I'm not really sure about it, but I think it would be interesting to see what they could do artistically with the music. I do kind of like how when the men stick a landing you can really hear it though.
I don't think they need music, but I think it would be interesting to see some dance elements.

I would say... no routine music at all... then background music could be played all the time at gymnastics meets.

They did have quite fun music playing at the olympics. It was awesome!
Do you mean the radio music in the background? I actually didn't like that. Something about it seemed informal for olympic competition.

Do you mean the radio music in the background? I actually didn't like that. Something about it seemed informal for olympic competition.

It's the norm for men's meets at all levels! not sure they could compete without it!

We would all die of boredom at men’s meets without music. I like it, there’s so much downtime and you’re there for almost 5 hours

I like the idea of hype music playing. I think it would be awesome to watch men’s routines with songs like, Born for This, playing in the background. It would have to be the right type of music though and not choreographed. But at all of the meets that we’ve been to it has been soft and gentle music playing on the men’s side. It puts me to sleep. I can’t imagine competing to it.

I like the idea of hype music playing. I think it would be awesome to watch men’s routines with songs like, Born for This, playing in the background. It would have to be the right type of music though and not choreographed. But at all of the meets that we’ve been to it has been soft and gentle music playing on the men’s side. It puts me to sleep. I can’t imagine competing to it.

That is soo odd! In 13 years of competition, we have always had pumped up music...jamming. Rock, pop, etc. Lots of fun to watch the boys dancing/singing before they compete!

I think it would make it fun and will draw more viewers.
No, but it might be interesting to see elite women’s routines without music ( and the extra dance) at the elite level. I would keep the music for developmental routines through Level 10.
Not elite, but a lot of times NCAA streams don't pipe in the music correctly or the volume is so low you can't hear it on TV, so we've watched a lot of NCAA floor routines without music and it is kind of weird with the choreography.

I think it would make it fun and will draw more viewers.

Not elite, but a lot of times NCAA streams don't pipe in the music correctly or the volume is so low you can't hear it on TV, so we've watched a lot of NCAA floor routines without music and it is kind of weird with the choreography.
Without music, I would eliminate the choreography as well, similar to the men’s routines.

That is soo odd! In 13 years of competition, we have always had pumped up music...jamming. Rock, pop, etc. Lots of fun to watch the boys dancing/singing before they compete!
The only time we have pumped up music is if the hosting gym allows us to pay for a song for our guys. And then we still only get a short clip of it ‍

The only time we have pumped up music is if the hosting gym allows us to pay for a song for our guys. And then we still only get a short clip of it ‍
wow. I have never heard of that either. Interesting!

I have a video somewhere of my son's team all sitting on a tramp at a meet singing and dancing to "I'm too hot..." and D was always jamming right before getting lifted to any apparatus.

wow. I have never heard of that either. Interesting!

I have a video somewhere of my son's team all sitting on a tramp at a meet singing and dancing to "I'm too hot..." and D was always jamming right before getting lifted to any apparatus.
I love that! They need that kinda music to get their adrenaline going!

FWI… If anyone has ever looked into the specifical requirements for hosting a meet, the musical (background) requirements tend to be centered on entertaining the age-group of the parents (NOT the gymnasts). This is usually specific to 80’s/90’s hit/pop musical selections.

FWI… If anyone has ever looked into the specifical requirements for hosting a meet, the musical (background) requirements tend to be centered on entertaining the age-group of the parents (NOT the gymnasts). This is usually specific to 80’s/90’s hit/pop musical selections.

I LOVE that!!!

I would like music. :) But obviously I am in the minority. Floor exercise for the men is fairly boring to watch for me without it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back