Gold Over America Tour

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Will there still be a Gold Over America Tour? Do you think Simone will be in it? And what about Suni Lee?!! I bought tickets for myself and daughters.
I've been wondering the same thing, as we also have tickets and most of the girls at DD's gym are going.

Simone has said she will do the tour….it’s a very, very watered down version of gymnastics, so it should be fine. Suni is going to Auburn, and will not be on the tour unless something changes.

Simone has said she will do the tour….it’s a very, very watered down version of gymnastics, so it should be fine. Suni is going to Auburn, and will not be on the tour unless something changes.
Simone said she does not have to twist on the tour. I also doubt she will do bars at all.

We were thinking of going. But ticket prices are outrageous especially for anything remotely close to the floor. Most I’m willing to pay is nosebleed sections way back from the floor. So it will be a last minute thing at this point

I thought about going. I went to the last post Olympic tour. It was fun but the reality is that they don’t do much gymnastics, all of the headliners are not in every city ( although I expect Simone will be) and from the nosebleed seats it was very hard to tell who was in what group routine.

Fair warning, if anyone expect to get merchandise, get there and get in line as early as possible. It seems like shirts always sell out and there are limited numbers of kiosks.

the nosebleed seats it was very hard to tell who was in what group routine.
Here the better seats all seem to be VIP packages.

At this point we will likely make a closer to “game time“ decision and it will be more about her and her gymmie friends hanging out then what they can see.

I'd worry a lot more about the exponential explosion of covid delta derailing the tour than any problem Simone might be having.

My DD wanted to go, but I just haven’t brought it up after looking into it. We’d only get nosebleed tickets and have to pay for a hotel because of where we live. I remember going to a gymnastics tour as a child and watching from the nosebleed seats..I have photos somewhere of Julianne McNamara I believe, and she’s a dot in the picture! I may try to take DD to see some NCAA competitions instead, though I know nothing about the ticket process.

Update:
My friend bought us tickets and we went last night. It was much better than I was expecting. Tickets sales must be low because when we got to the top section we had to go to a table and exchange them for better seats. We ended up in the 5th row. The choreography was much better than previous tours. There were isolated big tricks, lots of dancing with professional dancers. I was thrilled to see Chellsie live and featured. Morgan Hurd and Laurie Hernandez were standouts. Grace did the choreography with a smile but she really can’t dance. Overall it was a really fun night. Has anyone else been to it? What did you think?

Update:
My friend bought us tickets and we went last night. It was much better than I was expecting. Tickets sales must be low because when we got to the top section we had to go to a table and exchange them for better seats. We ended up in the 5th row. The choreography was much better than previous tours. There were isolated big tricks, lots of dancing with professional dancers. I was thrilled to see Chellsie live and featured. Morgan Hurd and Laurie Hernandez were standouts. Grace did the choreography with a smile but she really can’t dance. Overall it was a really fun night. Has anyone else been to it? What did you think?
We're going in a few weeks, I'm probably looking forward to it more than DD. Never been to something similar before, but I've seen a few news stories about how this is different from previous tours. Simone apparently played a big part in the composition of the show.

We're going in a few weeks, I'm probably looking forward to it more than DD. Never been to something similar before, but I've seen a few news stories about how this is different from previous tours. Simone apparently played a big part in the composition of the show.
Look for empty seats further down and switch after it’s starts. It was great to see it up close and sales are apparently less than expected.

Has anyone upgraded to the Gold VIP? The girls get to be apart of the finale and get to do a group photo with Simone (I’m sure it’s a ton of kids in the group!) Wondering if it’s worth it.

It’s a lot of kids all on stage wearing masks, doing a simple Wonder Woman type dance that they teach the audience before the show, the cast is on the parameter also in masks.

We went on Friday - didn't do Gold Squad but as mentioned before it was pretty simple and short. I splurged on the seats - we were 2nd row floor. It was amazing and my kid will never forget it. Jade Carey waved and said "hi" to my kiddo. I'm glad I spent the extra on those seats and not Gold Squad.

We also have good seats, purchased them at a discount earlier this year through DD's gym. I think we're 11 rows back from the floor, but hopefully still a good view. This is NOT something I would usually spend that much $ for, but a chance to see Simone "compete" will be worth it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back