MAG New England / New York Gyms

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

ChalkUp

Proud Parent
Hi everyone! We are looking to relocate from Texas to the New England or New York area for various reasons. My son is on the boys gymnastics team here and we want to consider gyms when we decide where to relocate to. My husband works from home, so we have flexibility on location.
Gyms with boys team programs are really few and far between here, so I don't want to make the mistake of moving an hour away from the closest gym!
Does anyone have a list of gyms that have competition teams or have a gym they recommend?

My son is almost 10 and will be competing as the "new" level 4 this season. He likes gym a lot, but it's not going to be a career for him. So we don't need the top flight, most serious gym possible, but something where he can grow and have fun and be challenged for the next few years would be amazing. NY/CT/MA/VT/ME are all on the table (in that current order of priority).

Thanks in advance!

One of the best boys programs in MA I believe is at MEGA

Massachusetts Elite Gymnatics Academy

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda upstate NY but not way upstate
Kennetts in Goshen, NY has a boys/men’s program. I don’t know how strong?

Galaxy might but that’s rather close to NYC

One of the best boys programs in MA I believe is at MEGA
Massachusetts Elite Gymnastics Academy
Thanks! That's probably too close to Boston for our budget to handle, but I added it to my list. I appreciate it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don’t know any specific boys/men’s program gyms in Rochester NY but it’s a nice area if you are OK with snow. Might be too far west for you

Albany-ish area has World Class Gymnastics Academy and Ace Gymnastics with boys teams.

I think Bright Raven is also near Rochester.

If you are moving to lower Upstate NY I's suggest World Class (Ask for Bob), World Cup (Again, ask for Bob), and Kennett (ask for Dimitri). These are all good gyms with solid records.

I also have another idea since you mentioned Galaxy as a gym you called. My gym, Aeon Fitness and Gymnastics, is 15 minutes away from them over the border in Hillsdale, NJ. We have a USAG Men's Team and your son is more than welcome to try out. Another suggestion is if you are closer to Tuxedo, NY would be World Gymnastics Academy in Ringwood, NJ. They are about 10 minutes over the border and the boys are coached by my good friend Evgeny.

If you have any questions about gyms in Region 7 in that Lower Upstate NY Area, feel free to DM me. More than happy to help! Good luck with the move!

If you are moving to lower Upstate NY I's suggest World Class (Ask for Bob), World Cup (Again, ask for Bob), and Kennett (ask for Dimitri). These are all good gyms with solid records.

I also have another idea since you mentioned Galaxy as a gym you called. My gym, Aeon Fitness and Gymnastics, is 15 minutes away from them over the border in Hillsdale, NJ. We have a USAG Men's Team and your son is more than welcome to try out. Another suggestion is if you are closer to Tuxedo, NY would be World Gymnastics Academy in Ringwood, NJ. They are about 10 minutes over the border and the boys are coached by my good friend Evgeny.

If you have any questions about gyms in Region 7 in that Lower Upstate NY Area, feel free to DM me. More than happy to help! Good luck with the move!
Great, thanks for the response! We are still casting a wide net in New England and are not sure where we will land. I do know that being within 30 minutes of a gym with a boys team is important for us. :)
I'll definitely reach out when we narrow down our search. I appreciate it!

Albany-ish area has World Class Gymnastics Academy and Ace Gymnastics with boys teams.

I think Bright Raven is also near Rochester.
I've got World Class and Ace on my list already, thanks!
There does seem to be a void of gyms been Albany and Newburgh though - Hudson Valley doesn't look like a good option.

Western Massachusetts also looks like a huge void in gyms. Daggett is the only one I've found in the area.

How upstate are you looking? I am in the Buffalo/Niagara area and my boys are at Stumpfs. In Rochester I would highly recommend Bright Raven but there are also boys teams at RGA and Victors. World Class (Albany) and Blaze (Syracuse) have longstanding boys' teams as well. There are several smaller programs scattered across the state as well.

Hi everyone! We are looking to relocate from Texas to the New England or New York area for various reasons. My son is on the boys gymnastics team here and we want to consider gyms when we decide where to relocate to. My husband works from home, so we have flexibility on location.
Gyms with boys team programs are really few and far between here, so I don't want to make the mistake of moving an hour away from the closest gym!
Does anyone have a list of gyms that have competition teams or have a gym they recommend?

My son is almost 10 and will be competing as the "new" level 4 this season. He likes gym a lot, but it's not going to be a career for him. So we don't need the top flight, most serious gym possible, but something where he can grow and have fun and be challenged for the next few years would be amazing. NY/CT/MA/VT/ME are all on the table (in that current order of priority).

Thanks in advance!
Since you aren't looking for "top flight, most serious gym possible" you may want to consider the Darien (CT) YMCA Boys gymnastics team. They usually attend YMCA Nationals each year, so that might be a fun "bonus" for your son.

Thanks in advance!
Sterling Academy of Gymnastics in MA has a wonderful men's program and is constantly putting out high-level gymnasts... Alternatively, MEGA or NEAG are great options also! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back