MAG Future Stars 2021

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

CLaValle

Proud Parent
Judge
Congratulations to all the boys who competed at Future Stars National Championship on Friday! My son (12) and his two teammates (11 and 10) all qualified for Future Stars National Development team and the FS camp next summer!

The meet was well run, and although they were unable to hold the event at the USOPTC this year, the host gym Xtreme Altitude was great! (My son says the pommel was good, which was all that mattered to him :D)

This is my son's last year of this program, and the training has been instrumental for his development. I hope they are able to return to the USOPTC by summer for the camp.

Congratulations to all the boys who competed at Future Stars National Championship on Friday! My son (12) and his two teammates (11 and 10) all qualified for Future Stars National Development team and the FS camp next summer!

The meet was well run, and although they were unable to hold the event at the USOPTC this year, the host gym Xtreme Altitude was great! (My son says the pommel was good, which was all that mattered to him :D)

This is my son's last year of this program, and the training has been instrumental for his development. I hope they are able to return to the USOPTC by summer for the camp.

Congrats! So exciting!!! Can't wait to hear how his season goes!!

(and yes..the pommel is great ;) )

Last edited:
Congratulations!!! Such an awesome accomplishment!
Thank you! I'm so proud of him! He also qualified for the FS camp when he was 10, but then it was canceled because of COVID. Last year, they only had a virtual nationals, with no teams named or awards, so this was his last chance.

Our boys must be the same level and age! My son also made the FS camp at 10 that was canceled :(

I was just on here trying to confirm whether you are eligible for the allotment for Michigan if you don’t make the JE National cut.

Sounds like you are, which is great! Thanks for your helpful info!

Our boys must be the same level and age! My son also made the FS camp at 10 that was canceled :(

I was just on here trying to confirm whether you are eligible for the allotment for Michigan if you don’t make the JE National cut.

Sounds like you are, which is great! Thanks for your helpful info!
I really wished they'd rescheduled it rather than just cancel. But everything was so up in the air and chaotic that summer...

Did your son do FS this last season? Mine made camp again, so hoping everything goes as planned for this summer!

Good luck to your son at Regionals! My son has regionals is next weekend.

-Courtney

I really wished they'd rescheduled it rather than just cancel. But everything was so up in the air and chaotic that summer...

Did your son do FS this last season? Mine made camp again, so hoping everything goes as planned for this summer!

Good luck to your son at Regionals! My son has regionals is next weekend.

-Courtney
No, he dislocated his finger right before Future Star Regionals, so he wasn’t able to compete. Good luck next weekend! Our Region (7) is a week after yours at West Point.

No, he dislocated his finger right before Future Star Regionals, so he wasn’t able to compete. Good luck next weekend! Our Region (7) is a week after yours at West Point.
Oh man, that's too bad! My son qualified for JE Nationals last year at regionals and then broke his ankle at practice the very next day, so he didn't get to go to that. Then, for FS regionals this last season, he was recovering from a broken toe and had only started tumbling and vaulting again a few days before the competition. This is such a rough sport =( Good luck to your son!!

How do you identify gyms that train for future stars? Does it involve additional training sessions, or do they just allow the kids to practice the additional skills while at practice?

How do you identify gyms that train for future stars? Does it involve additional training sessions, or do they just allow the kids to practice the additional skills while at practice?

It depends on the gym. My son's gym just trained it during practice for everyone, as good training, and then some that were ready or wanted to competed Future Stars.

As to identifying gyms, it can fluctuate. You can ask about it by sharing your area, if you are comfortable.

It depends on the gym. My son's gym just trained it during practice for everyone, as good training, and then some that were ready or wanted to competed Future Stars.

As to identifying gyms, it can fluctuate. You can ask about it by sharing your area, if you are comfortable.
Sure thing. I'm in Katy, TX (west of Houston). We go to Champions now, but they don't do it. I think my son could really excel at it, so it would be nice to know anywhere nearby.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back