WAG Increase Resting Flexibility

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am able to do the Front and Side splits (on the floor and against a wall).

However, when just lifting my leg up in front extended casually from standing position, the most I can get it up is 90 degrees. Many ladies are able to extend their leg up much higher than knee level. eg, many cheerleaders and other gymnastics.

how do I increase my resting flexibility similar to photos below?

43095257-cheerleader-to-raise-one-leg.jpg

Siting on the floor in splits is static flexibility.

Holding the leg up is active flexibility.

Kicking and throwing the leap up (like in leaps) is dynamic flexibility. Also known as ballistic flexibility.

Developing active flexibility require both flexibility and strength.

Put your foot in a box and with control lift the leg up and down.

Lift your leg up while holding something fir balance and slowly pulse the leg up and down.

Lift is and hold it ion as high as you can as long as you can, each day try to beat your own personal record.

Siting on the floor in splits is static flexibility.

Holding the leg up is active flexibility.

Kicking and throwing the leap up (like in leaps) is dynamic flexibility. Also known as ballistic flexibility.

Developing active flexibility require both flexibility and strength.

Put your foot in a box and with control lift the leg up and down.

Lift your leg up while holding something fir balance and slowly pulse the leg up and down.

Lift is and hold it ion as high as you can as long as you can, each day try to beat your own personal record.
thanks, I do a lot of squats 150lb and leg weightlifting, however I will try your drills for active flexibility, thanks,

Lots of heavy strength like that can make the muscles tighter. If you are doing that type of strength then it nears to be balanced out with a lot of flexibility training.

thanks, I do a lot of squats 150lb and leg weightlifting, however I will try your drills for active flexibility, thanks,
I don’t think squats would help since it is your hip flexors you want to strengthen. You could put ankle weights on and do the exercises Aussie_coach suggested if you want to make them harder, or lift your leg against a resistance band. And she is absolutely correct that strengthening muscles without flexibility work will make them tight.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back