WAG Back to gymnastics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So I quit gymnastics in 8th grade after doing it for about 10 years. I quit for diving and now I am committed division 1 for it. I am currently a junior and I want to go back to gymnastics for high school for my senior year. Do you think I’ll be able to get back some skills fairly easily? Like giants, vault, beam series?

So I quit gymnastics in 8th grade after doing it for about 10 years. I quit for diving and now I am committed division 1 for it. I am currently a junior and I want to go back to gymnastics for high school for my senior year. Do you think I’ll be able to get back some skills fairly easily? Like giants, vault, beam series?
Everyone is different . You won't know until you try. 3 years is not THAT long . Esp if you have been training in diving on the gymnastics break. I think you will surprise yourself with how much muscle memory your body still has . start training now, and intensive training this summer and you should be back to your old self by fall. Best of luck to you

I had a gymnast come back after a year and a half off for an injury. Got her giants back the first day.

When you learned these skills you spent years training the muscle memory. It’s still there, unless perhaps you have grown significantly.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back