Coaches working on a google sheets to track team season

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

would you be interested in a google sheet to track you team season individual athletes certain level

• yes and id be willing to pay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes but only if it was free

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • no

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
would you be interested in a google sheet to track you team season individual athletes certain levels or events and so on.
i have been working on one for me and my kids i have spent countless hours on it and just curious what others thoughts on the topic are/would be!

I'd be interested in seeing it for free. It's always great to see another perspective.

However... coaching styles and such are so different that it wouldn't make sense to purchase one for me. I would just create my own if that is what I was going to use for tracking.

i have spent countless hours on it

I would be curious to know if you are seeing a benefit from it?

I have done the same in the past as well and what I always find is that the tracking shows me exactly what I see in practice everyday.

We do basic tracking for the benefit of the athletes from time to time now... but really it's just strength... our athletes seem to succeed and fail primarily based on strength. When the tracking shows us that they can no longer do basic strength and skill sets such as kip cast handstands... skills and routines suffer. Anytime they are in a peaked state... numbers of successful routines increase very easily. When they are in a state of weaker physical ability... numbers of hit routines decrease... but turns do not... they basically just increase turns of failure.

The problem is that kids don't grow at good times for season. Kids grow right in the middle of season and all of the sudden... bam... struggle at the exact wrong time. The charts helped me learn all this... but now they don't seem as necessary as we are picking up on this before the charts would even let us know.

Bottom line though... if I could make gymnastics more like the NFL as far as stats go... that would be great.

right now it just
I would be curious to know if you are seeing a benefit from it?

I have done the same in the past as well and what I always find is that the tracking shows me exactly what I see in practice everyday.

We do basic tracking for the benefit of the athletes from time to time now... but really it's just strength... our athletes seem to succeed and fail primarily based on strength. When the tracking shows us that they can no longer do basic strength and skill sets such as kip cast handstands... skills and routines suffer. Anytime they are in a peaked state... numbers of successful routines increase very easily. When they are in a state of weaker physical ability... numbers of hit routines decrease... but turns do not... they basically just increase turns of failure.

The problem is that kids don't grow at good times for season. Kids grow right in the middle of season and all of the sudden... bam... struggle at the exact wrong time. The charts helped me learn all this... but now they don't seem as necessary as we are picking up on this before the charts would even let us know.

Bottom line though... if I could make gymnastics more like the NFL as far as stats go... that would be great.
right now it just tracks scores from meets, and can be organized a few different ways and has charts as well

right now it just tracks scores from meets, and can be organized a few different ways and has charts as well

Oh... geez... I was totally thinking the wrong thing. A Google spreadsheet score tracker would actually be cool.

to give you an idea of what i got so far here are some screen shots just about done with it

Attachments

• 4691 a.jpg
    4691 a.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 94
  • 4692 a.jpg
    4692 a.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 85
  • 4693 a.jpg
    4693 a.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 82
to give you an idea of what i got so far here are some screen shots just about done with it

Ok... that's about 1000x more intense than anything I've ever built on a spreadsheet. Tell me more about how it works?

Ok... that's about 1000x more intense than anything I've ever built on a spreadsheet. Tell me more about how it works?
it is also the most intense thing ive ever done on a spread sheet ... i did not do it all on my own got a ton of help from reddit and youtube. basically there is a dropdown page in there you would put in the meets you are going to or have attended the levels you plan on keeping track of and their names.
then theres the data page here you have to still type in their data manually but the meet can be selected through drop down as to their names and level and all around is calculated automatically... after that you are done it does the rest for you.
there is a results page if you like to see the numbers, i tried not to make it to overwhelming so you can select meet and level and all that info will pop up, if you want an event and specific meet you can do that or event and level, event and specific kid, and lastly when on a kid all previous meets and scores for that kid will show
charts works the same and is controlled by its own results page

http s://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sOruyiN5TYGgLibOg8zTxNfUj3KMA1Nex8mAPcYCbuQ/edit#gid=0
heres the finished product

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back