Parents BQBC (Beam Queen Boot Camp)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

PeanutsMom

Proud Parent
Hi!

Has anyone attended Beam Queen Boot Camp? Is it worth the time and price? My DD is a level 7 and beam is her hardest event. She struggles in pretty much every meet. Also, she is recovering from a back injury so pointers on other series that would count for level 8 or XCEL diamond would be great to learn.

Also, I can't justify the 145.00 cost to join the club (or 16.00 per month) to just see the locations that were released today. We are doing college visits with my oldest son this summer so I would love know where they are going this summer so I can try to coordinate something for her to do while we are college visiting. If anyone could share the list of locations that have been released I would be grateful.

Thanks,
Peanut's Mom

It looks like they are releasing all of the locations to the public March 6th - 11th.

Several years ago, my daughter went to a two-day camp. I though she got a lot out of it. I do feel like it is geared towards younger gymnasts, like age 7-12? But I thought it was well run, DD learned a lot, and it was fun.

I know it’s primarily focused on the beam, but do they spend a lot of time on the beam working skills and techniques? Would it be helpful for the upper level optionals? It just seems like a lot of money for 8 hours on one apparatus.

My daughter attended a few years ago, when she was level 8, and she loved it. She went with a few friends and it was a couple of hours away so we made a weekend of it and they all had a great time. From what the girls told me, they spent most of the time on the beam, working skills, technique, etc., but they make it a lot of fun for the girls. They do also work on dance (on the floor) and at the end of the weekend the parents attend for a dance performance, some awards are given, etc.

Would any members be willing to confirm if there is a location near Tampa, FL?

Would any members be willing to confirm if there is a location near Tampa, FL?
I joined the club but still can't see events that have "gone live" to club members, so if anyone has any ideas on how to access those, please let me know.

That’s not bad if it’s a good camp. Does it come with a leotard or anything?
It seems that the leotard is provided as in every picture all the girls are wearing the same one. This is just an assumption on my part however.

I am pretty sure you had to order the leo extra. As I recall my daughter who is not a pink fan, did not want one.

The leotard is definitely an extra cost. There were very few girls who weren't wearing one the second day, so if your daughter is one who cares about things like that you would need to factor in the cost, which I believe was around $50.00.

My daughter has done BQBC 3x. I asked her if she wanted to do it again this summer thinking she'd be tired of it, but it was an immediate enthusiastic yes. She has enjoyed it every time. They do a lot of work on beam, but they also learn about how skills are judged, do a choreographed dance on floor, and work on non physical things like mental toughness and growth mindset. She has overcome some mental blocks/fears after attending.

The leo is not included. Usually the girls get a drawstring bag with a pen and journal (which they use during).

Would this be beneficial for a gymnast that already does well on beam?

If they had a vault version of this, I'd be all over it ;).
Beam is probably my daughter's best event (at least it's often her highest scoring event), and she did seem to get a lot out of it. I definitely didn't regret spending the money for her to go, although once was probably enough for us.

If they had a vault version of this, I'd be all over it ;).
It would be so great if there was a special camp for every event!

Would this be beneficial for a gymnast that already does well on beam?
You can never be too good at something! In fact, I see gymnasts at meets get a more frustrated if they mess up on their best event, even if their worst event was good that day. I feel like a general issue on beam, even with high scorers, is presentation/confidence. It seems like BQBC focuses on that especially.

I looked into it briefly this year because my daughter loves the beam but their marketing style was very offputting to me. It felt very influencer-ish and cool kid hype. I don't have any experience with them but just from the way they market I don't think it is a good fit for us.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back