Parents Level 7 bar deduction??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Tiffany

Proud Parent
Is there a deduction in level 7 bar routine if you do a roundy round (you may have different name?) after squat on when jumping to the high bar? Can’t find it anywhere online and my daughter’s trying to perfect her routine for state. Bars is her strength but she’s always hated that squat on by itself for some reason.‍♀️ Thanks!

I’m a parent to an Xcel Diamond and also a level 6. I do not believe there is a deduction for doing the skill. Other than perhaps form deductions? But will be curious how others respond. My XD does it every time.

There wasn't a deduction for them in the past. Not sure now. Dd had one in her L8 routine

I know nothing about L7 but was curious what move was being described, so got to Googling. Could this be what you're describing? (around 20 seconds in)

She calls it a squat on circle catch.

I know nothing about L7 but was curious what move was being described, so got to Googling. Could this be what you're describing? (around 20 seconds in)

She calls it a squat on circle catch.

Yes, that's it

We never use the term sole circle for the dismount.

It’s called a toe shoot dismount.

Never heard the term roundy round before.

It's a sole circle. Some people call them toe circles or roundy rounds. I call them roundy rounds.

If you squat on... then start to stand up and let go of the bar like you are going to jump to the high bar... then fall back into the sole circle... it is a deduction.

It's a sole circle. Some people call them toe circles or roundy rounds. I call them roundy rounds.

If you squat on... then start to stand up and let go of the bar like you are going to jump to the high bar... then fall back into the sole circle... it is a deduction.
Ohhhh…maybe that’s why score was lower….thank you!

My daughter did her squat on at her state meet, let go of the low bar but then had to re-grab the bar and do a sole circle. She was told it was .3 deduction for having let go and then re-grasping the low bar. Not sure if that is accurate but that’s what she was told.

My daughter did her squat on at her state meet, let go of the low bar but then had to re-grab the bar and do a sole circle. She was told it was .3 deduction for having let go and then re-grasping the low bar. Not sure if that is accurate but that’s what she was told.
Wow that’s a big deduction! Thank you!

She never lets go…just does the roundy round most the time….here’s the routine incase you can see something else wrong with the squat on/roundy round….

She never lets go…just does the roundy round most the time….here’s the routine incase you can see something else wrong with the squat on/roundy round….

It’s not a deduction for the sole circle if it’s not obviously to save a fall, it’s a valid alternative to the squat on even in compulsory. My daughter misses her squat on frequently, goes into the sole circle without regripping - she’s not getting deducted on it except for form (she’s scoring above 9.4 at her meets and there are very clear other deductions)

you-spin-me-round-squirrel.gif

Couldn't resist, LOL

Yes... I think it's technically classified as a "fall on the apparatus" or something like that.

If she knows that she is always going to do the sole circle... then I would definitely try to do the cast with straight legs like the one in the video below...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back