Parents BQBC (Beam Queen Boot Camp)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughter attended last summer in CT because it aligned with our summer travel schedule. The leotard is most definitely not included and not a requirement, but if your kiddo wants to feel "included" you'll be out another $50+. I thought it was well run and a solid program but I wouldn't say she got a ton of value out of it. I don't think we will attend again this year. Might be an 'every other year' kind of thing for us. It's pricey and I want to look into another type of camp or clinic program instead. A bars bootcamp would be awesome!! That's our current area of need lol!

Hi all, I know this was a couple of weeks ago but is there a camp for vault, I dunno, "vault queen?" Really would like to get some help for my 9yo. TIA!

Not that I know of.

Beam is probably the easiest event to have a camp for. Floor could be done pretty easily too.

Vault could be done if you did some running drills / technique... leg strength... trampoline... as well as vault. Their legs may get very tired though.

Bars would be hard... most of the athletes wouldn't make it too far before their hands were hurting too much. You could do it... it would take some planning though.

Not that I know of.

Beam is probably the easiest event to have a camp for. Floor could be done pretty easily too.

Vault could be done if you did some running drills / technique... leg strength... trampoline... as well as vault. Their legs may get very tired though.

Bars would be hard... most of the athletes wouldn't make it too far before their hands were hurting too much. You could do it... it would take some planning though.
Perfection Gymnastics used to do bar boot camps, I would be interested in how they ran, as the hands/general endurance would need to be managed.

I went to a week (really 5 days) long camp at a university as a child, and they had an apparatus camp on the weekend between the two weeks of camp- 2.5 days and you chose two events. I made the grave error of choosing bars one year and it was awful. I definitely think they could have done it better with more floor stations, even tramp drills, but we just had way too much time swinging bars.

I also think that beam is the easiest as far as jumping in with a random group of kids and coaches who have never worked together before. Our gold beam coach always points out that it is also the easiest to coach when there is a range of levels in one group - she can easily work back shoulder rolls, back walkovers, and back handsprings in the same rotation, but it is harder on floor if you have kids who still need round off backhandsprings and others who need to work back tucks. She lets me (vault and bars) and the floor coach decide the groups, because it just doesn't effect her as much.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back