WAG How many times and how long stretching for Adult females?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am a 30 year old woman training gymnastics recreationally for last 6 months, around 5'5, 135 pounds. Never done it before, and find it interesting. I am in generally good shape, do aerobics, and light weight training. How long should I stretch per day? My gymnast coach said to stretch twice 2x a day. I like to stretch Once a day and Everyday for 45 min, generally in evening.

I also stretch Both the Legs And the Shoulders/back everyday. What are basically the training recommendations for adult females? Should I separate the legs and backs on separate days? Am I overdoing it (Everyday, 45 min)? Sometimes I feel slightly tired, but I continue to work and stretch.

Note: I do passive stretching everyday. Every other day, I add in "Active Flexibility Stretching", which is slightly different.

Reactions: sun
I'm in the same boat - I'm 29 and trying to start the sport as a newbie. Need help with the conditioning (strength and flexibility exercises) cause my gym has me on a wait list. Any help is appreciated!

literally everyone I've talked to in my area - I just recently beat thyroid cancer and just decided to go for it like "if Oksana Chusovitina can do vault at the olympics at the age of 47, I can learn a basic beam routine!"

literally everyone I've talked to in my area - I just recently beat thyroid cancer and just decided to go for it like "if Oksana Chusovitina can do vault at the olympics at the age of 47, I can learn a basic beam routine!"
thats awesome, yeah, if you can beat thyroid cancer, a gymnast beam routine and stretching should be easy compared to this!

I think our immediate goals should be to get the splits and a bridge down - seems like the basic building block for most elements

Now I have to figure out the best way to do that....

You should join the Just Like Fine Wine adult gymnastics Facebook group. Tons of adult gymnasts doing what they love, posting videos, giving tips, etc.

You should join the Just Like Fine Wine adult gymnastics Facebook group. Tons of adult gymnasts doing what they love, posting videos, giving tips, etc.
Just joined! Thanks for letting me know it existed!

As soon as I get an update on my gym I will let y'all know. It's a small gym so I may be waiting a while

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back