WAG Level 9 floor routine question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am currently working on level 9 skills and I have some questions regarding floor requirements. My coach and I have been going over options for tumbling passes to have a 10.0 start value. I have a really solid double back (I have it on the floor already) but I am not a very strong twister so we are trying to work around that. Would the following routine work for a 10.0 start? and if not what could I add (please keep in mind-twisting is not my strength.)
First pass: Double back
Second pass: front layout front layout
Third pass: Back full
Leap pass: Switch side connected to straddle full
Double turn

A double back doesn’t provide any bonus even though it’s a D, so it doesn’t help much in a level 9 floor routine. My daughter is also better at those than twisting, but you really need something like a one and a half front pike to get the bonus. I am not an expert though.

I talked to my coach last night about my floor routine and we got possible options now. My coach told me the same about the double back, but it is a good way for me to get a C value skill in even though it's technically a D. My coach doesn't want me to do 1 1/2 punch front b/c he doesn't think it works with my strengths. We are working on front fulls so we can see if I could do a front full punch pike b/c it gives a good bonus.

I thought this was a new change for Level
9 that will start in 2023?

That you can get a 0.1 bonus for D acro on floor??

I don’t remember where I saw it though
Thank you! I told my coach this and he looked it up. We have decided to work towards this routine:
Double back
Front layout front Layout
Front full punch pike
I think the Front full to a pike gives a 0.2 bonus and the 0.1 bonus from the double back will give me a 10.0 start.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back