Anon What level (xcel)?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughter is wondering what level of xcel she could do with these skills:

Vault: FHS and 1/2 on
Bars: kip, back hip circle, free hip, kip with light spot on high bar, half turn dismount
Beam: tuck jump without hands mount, full turn, bw cartwheel or cartwheel cartwheel connection, split jump and 3/4 straight jump connection, braini dismount
Floor: robhsbhs, fhs stepout fhs, illusion turn, full turn, switch leap, full straight jump, front tuck

What would she need for platinum? Are all these events at the gold level?
For platinum, the handspring would be a 9.8 start value. A handspring 1/2 off, or a 1/2 on 1/2 off would get her to the 10.0 SV there.

On bars, she'd need a B circling skill, so either a clear hip or giants

I think beam would be ok as the straight jump 3/4 is a B

And then on floor, she would need a Salto pass (robhsbt or fhsft, for example), and a B skill. Most of our platinums do robhsbt and front pike, but we have one who struggles more with certain tumbling and does ROBHSBT, ROBHS, and a leg horizonal full turn as her B

Would it be possible for her to train with gold over the summer to get these skills and move to platinum for the season?
My daughter just finished gold with similar skills. She would need to score out of silver and gold, which I believe the score out score is 32, which would be relatively easy as long as she has decent form. But yes, if she has the platinum skills by season, she can do one meet of silver, and one of gold, and then finish as Platinum. Or if your gym does a mobility meet she can score out of both during the summer and then compete Platinum during the season.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News