Parents Leo sizing help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

StephensMom

Proud Parent
Hey, parents! We’re new to this and I need a little help. Trying to order my almost 5 year old leotards and just want to make sure I’m getting the right size before I spend the money. Right now, she has a GK child small that she’s been wearing for about a year. We just received a Destira child small and it seems much bigger. I should have bought a XS. I was looking at Little Stars and wondering how the sizing compares to GK or Destira. Based on the size chart, I think INT is her size, but thought it was worth asking here because you all probably know these brands much better than me!

Hey, parents! We’re new to this and I need a little help. Trying to order my almost 5 year old leotards and just want to make sure I’m getting the right size before I spend the money. Right now, she has a GK child small that she’s been wearing for about a year. We just received a Destira child small and it seems much bigger. I should have bought a XS. I was looking at Little Stars and wondering how the sizing compares to GK or Destira. Based on the size chart, I think INT is her size, but thought it was worth asking here because you all probably know these brands much better than me!
I’ve found that GK sizing is all over the place. I have some GK Leo’s that are Medium, some that are large, and I tried one where Medium, large, and XL were all too small. I also have a medium from GK that is too big. I wear a medium in every other brand (except Sylvia P which runs pretty small). I haven’t had any Little Stars Leo’s, but I have several destira and the Medium all fit great. I would recommend matching the little stars sizing to whatever you have with destira just because of GK’s inconsistency in sizing.

Always look for a size chart. Each company has it’s own sizing system. Measure your child and compare to the size chart. For leotards the most important measurement is the torso (from should through crotch back to shoulder)

It also matters if your child is long torso (see comment above about measuring shoulder through crotch and back to shoulder), long legged, or very slender. My daughter is several inches shorter than her teammate, but she is long torso and her teammate very long legged. The teammate was able to wear a child medium when my daughter went into an AXS. My daughter is 4'10 and about 90 pounds and is fluctuating between an AXS (almost all) and AS (in certain brands like Snowflake). She can still wear a CL in some depending on the stretch of the material. Mystique doesn't have as much give, so also take that into account.

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back