WAG Level 10 vault start value question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

duyetanh

Proud Parent
Does anyone know what a front handspring front pike vault is worth in JO? I am talking about running and hitting the table like for a level seven front handspring and then doing the pike out of it….not doing an extra front handspring onto the springboard and then doing the front pike.
(I know that is a 10 start value)
Old code says it is a 9.8…..has it changed?

Oh great! Sorry about the misunderstanding. The clarification mucked me up so I decided to provide both, just to be sure.

Yes 9.8, a tuck is 9.7
my daughter did the pike and scored very well. Not a common vault she was usually the only one competing a front entry vault

It’s really strange that it’s a 9.9 start value in college, lol
Yes it is. I will say she got alot of respect from coaches and competitors, it is not an easy vault. I often think it is a lower start value just to discourage it. If you go wrong or not enough power it can be dangerous in my opinion

Yes it is. I will say she got alot of respect from coaches and competitors, it is not an easy vault. I often think it is a lower start value just to discourage it. If you go wrong or not enough power it can be dangerous in my opinion
I know. The d*mn thing makes me nervous but am trying not to go there….

But I guess all of the vaults are dangerous, right? :rolleyes:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back