Parents Best leo brands?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

rufusgym889

Proud Parent
What are the best leo brands when thinking about comfort, availability, sizing, and price? I'm sure there are many other factors, but I just named a few.

GK is probably the most popular brand. My dd prefers Plum Practicewear. She says that they are comfortable and stretchy. She's been wearing some for a few years and they have held up well.

Jamwear Leo’s and snowflake are my top two brands. Sizing is consistent across designs and matches their size charts. Leo’s are super comfy and they’re not crazy expensive. You can also find discount codes for both of them on IG.

Mine love, love, love Snowflake Designs leotards. We actually just received our grab bag bundle of 5 ordered earlier this week. We are hoping to be able to get another bundle of 5 tomorrow before the sale is over.

Second GymGear for comfort, and now they have more open back designs, which are great for summer! My daughter would live and sleep in her GymGear leos if I let her lol

She also likes Sylvia P for comfort and LOVES the strappy backs they have. They seem to fit her well (they don’t ride up on her booty and they aren’t too tight around her chest and arms), which is her biggest complaint about other leo brands.

My daughter has sensory issues, and will right now only wear Flipflop leos. They are all handmade and super soft and stretchy. And they often have super cheap sales (less that $15 a leo, including shippling) so I've lucked out for now. Before we found them, Destira was her favorite brand.

I will also suggest Gymgear. Soft (more of a cotton material than synthetic) and stretchy which means they last longer when your kid starts to size out of them. They also have bright fun designs. I get asked where we got her leos ALL THE TIME when I am in the lobby and have seen several kids start wearing them. I feel like a brand rep for gymgear half the time lol.

GK is not bad my kid hates the mystique fabric though so we have to find the ones that arent that type of fabric. They can be expensive too but right now they have 3 different styles of GK leos at target for $30-$40 which for GK isnt bad. If you like GK i also recommend checking out like Mecari, Poshmark and Ebay you can find some good deals on pre-owned leos. They have other brands on those sites as well but GK is the one you see the most.

Sylvia P is DD’s fave. It’s lined, great quality, not high cut on hips, and cute designs. She also likes GK but it’s very popular and she likes to be unique.

I think the only leos I have right now are Destira. They are very soft and comfortable, and have design for preschool all the way through teens. It's very popular, but many girls have the same leos and find it fun to match though.

I like Flip Flop when we need to boost her leo stash because when they have sales you can get them so cheap, they are great quality and their customer service is great.
We also like Gym Gear because they are super soft but daughter did say they are a little hotter.
I LOVE Sylvia P for quality and they are just stunning but so pricey, especially when you figure in shipping.
My friends daughter loves Plum because they fit her build better than any other brands.

I like Flip Flop when we need to boost her leo stash because when they have sales you can get them so cheap, they are great quality and their customer service is great.
We also like Gym Gear because they are super soft but daughter did say they are a little hotter.
I LOVE Sylvia P for quality and they are just stunning but so pricey, especially when you figure in shipping.
My friends daughter loves Plum because they fit her build better than any other brands.
I agree with the flip flop Leo’s recommendations. Their Leo’s are great, comfy, and well priced. Their customer service is also great. I had problems with a hole in the seam after a few wears and they said that there was a sewing machine issue, but replaced both Leo’s with no questions asked and I’ve had no problems with them since.

We thought Destira were lovely and soft and the most comfortable and then we discovered GymGear. My kid won’t wear anything else now, which is a complete pain because we live in Australia and it takes a looooong time for them to get here from Canada even though the lovely folk at GymGear post them immediately.

The fabric is lovely. Soft, and she says they feel less sweaty in summer. But it is somehow thick enough so that I can comfortably buy white/light leos for my daughter and they don‘t need a liner or a crop top under them.

I know what the above poster means when she feels like a rep for them. Nobody seems to wear the brand here. Some of the designs my daughter chooses are so quirky that they get a lot of attention and people are always asking where they come from. Her team took a vote and decided she had the best training leotards.

Her comp leo is a Sylvia P. It is very pretty and very well made (I like how they are not high cut), but it is apparently horribly uncomfortable!

Probably not helpful to this post, but our gym does an annual used leo fundraiser (team girls donate all they've outgrown and the gym has a big sale for $5 each) and those are my daughter's favorites. They are already broken in, not itchy, etc. Most have the tags cut out so I have no idea of the brand....but we stock up annually for like $50 for all she needs all year long!

Now I'm really interested in checking out GymGear leos. We'll use their sizing chart, but anyone know how their sizes compare to GK?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News