WAG Small Gymnast XCel Silver

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 25978

Hello friends,

I have an XCel Silver who just turned 7 and is very small in stature. Our routine starts with a glide swing and then using the Kip block to push off of for a pullover. The problem is, she is so tiny that she can’t use the block to push off of. Her toes barely scrape the edge. She is strong enough to basically do a long hang pullover though. I have the bar on its lowest setting. The questions I have are:

1. Can she legally do a long hang pullover on the low bar (in the code I only saw LHP referenced with high bar)
2. If not, what would be a better solution for this problem? I’m not opposed to changing the beginning of the routine if need be. She’s still learning her kip so she can’t do that yet.

She doesn't necessarily need a glide. Last year half of our silvers did the mount you described to cast, back hip circle, and then sole circle or squat on dismount and the other half just stood under the bar and did pullover, cast, cast, back hip circle and then the same dismount options. Technically if they do a controlled squat on, the squat on and jump off count as two separate skills, so they wouldn't need a glide or the extra cast. I hope that helps.

I hate to break it to you, but you have a bigger problem here if you are training all your Xcel Silver gymansts to do a glide off a mounting block, and then punch off the same mounting block into a pullover. The mounting block (or springboard) must be pulled immediately after the jump into the glide swing or it's a 0.30 deduction.

Thanks for letting me know, I appreciate kind instruction and direction. I am new to running my own program and never had an issue with the mount at my former gym because my gymnasts were taller.

I hate to break it to you, but you have a bigger problem here if you are training all your Xcel Silver gymansts to do a glide off a mounting block, and then punch off the same mounting block into a pullover. The mounting block (or springboard) must be pulled immediately after the jump into the glide swing or it's a 0.30 deduction.

Thanks for letting me know, I appreciate kind instruction and direction. I am new to running my own program and never had an issue with the mount at my former gym because my gymnasts were taller.
There's a lot to learn! I am not currently coaching, but I still judge levels XB-XD and 2-10 a lot. I'm happy to answer routine construction questions.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back