Parents Little Monkey's Level 5 Sectional Report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymmonkeymomma

Proud Parent
Our drama started Friday night, when Little Monkey complained about a stomach and headache. I guess that bug that has been living in our gym finally caught up with her. On Sat she went to practice, but when I picked her up, they told me she was sitting out a bit and had the chills and felt warm. I took her home and drugged her up with Motrin and put her to bed in the middle of the afternoon. By dinnertime, she had laryngitis too. She got up once during the night for more motrin and her nebulizer.

This morning, she woke up and was only able to squeak out some words, lol, but she no longer felt warm. Thank goodness we didn't have the early report time (8am), we had 12:30pm. Before we were even dressed, I got a call that our priest had passed away. He was 44 the same age as me, and battled leukemia for a year. My kids all loved him, he came to our parish when big DD was a newborn so they have known him all of their lives. We sat thru Mass and then CCD all the while the kids and teachers were all sobbing.... by the time I picked them up at 11:30, they were a mess!

We got to the gym and LM's coach met us and said first event was bars, our worst, good to get it over with. During this past week, one of the other Level 5's had been harrassing Little Monkey telling her "it's embarrassing that you can't jump to the high bar and it's your 2nd year". Well, I was so steamed that I went to the program director about this. Anyway, this girl was there today so I was worried what the girl might say to her when I saw that my DD was having trouble with her squat on. Well, thankfully it was over quickly - she fell on the squat on, coach grabbed her arm, then fell off the highbar. 7.25 no placement but not last, lol.

Next event was beam, her favorite - she had a very solid routine with just 1 or 2 wobbles. I thought her handstand could have been a little better and she could have held a couple of seconds more on the dismount. 9.175 - her personal best, 6th place.

Floor - ok routine, but her dive roll was very low and it looked like she caught her foot on the carpet going into her tumbling pass, and took a wobble at the end. 8.65 - 6th place.

Vault - not great but pretty good for her, 8.35 no placement.

Her AA was 33.425 - good enough to qualify for States. Her coach said she had a good meet even with not feeling well and being sad.

That's an amazing AA score for a very sick and very sad little girl. She did wonderfully to rally after her weekend. That squat on is such a pain, sometimes I think the sole circle is easier.

CONGRATS Lil Monkey! You are going to states! Tell that other gymmie to MYOB and who needs a perfect squat on when you ROCK beam. I think with all things considering (illness, sadness, so sorry, BTW) she did great! Like I've said before, scores are overrated and some of these gymmies and parents who think scores are everthing have a lesson to learn!

Were you at the Flemington site? Our L5's had to get there for the 8am session. Not sure how they did yet either. Glad you didn't have that early start though. Dive rolls scare me...I call them neck breakers, LOL, and I would be a little low too if I had to do one.

Hey, off topic, are you hearing about all the drama surrounding the 2 coaches from Action?

Oh my gosh what a weekend.:( What a trooper she is to pull everything out and do that well. I can't imagine competing with all that going on...and to qualify for states on top of it! Way to go! I hope you have a much better week, I am so sorry to hear about your loss, and I hope the gym bug goes away soon. We have one of those making its rounds as well...

Were you at the Flemington site?

Hey, off topic, are you hearing about all the drama surrounding the 2 coaches from Action?

Yes, we went to Flemington, it's only an hour from here so it wasn't so bad.

I did hear bits and pieces about Action - it's all over the NJ.com forum but I'm trying to stay away from that site, the posters there are very negative!

it's all over the NJ.com forum but I'm trying to stay away from that site, the posters there are very negative!

Yeah, that where I've been reading too. I asked ..oh no wait...I answered a question once about about scores being posted (it was after our first meet in sept) and I got pounced on, LOL

Hope lil Monkey feels better soon & I am sure shes's glad the pressure of qualifying is OVER! The rest of the season will be cake.

Wow what a great meet with everything that was going on. My thoughts and prayers are with you, what a tremendous loss for your parish community. It sounds like the teachers are handling it well by letting the children vent their feelings, I'm sure this will be a rough week for all.Back to gymnastics, great performance and confidence builder!

What a great meet! You should be so proud that she was able to pull herself together after being a very sick little girl and then receiving such horrible news about your pastor! Your DD is awesome! I agree with Blackie6....tell that mean little gymmie to back off! Congrats on qualifying for States!!!!

So sorry for your loss. A month ago my brother-in-law passed away from cancer. My DD dedicated her meet that weekend to him and she qualified for state that day. The rest of her season has been so-so. Too bad she had to compete not only feeling sad but being sick too. Good luck at state!! Hope both our girls bring it home!!!

Good for her! Sounds like a wonderful meet after being sick and being so sad.

Congratulations on qualifying and on the personal best! Way to go. As for the girl harrasing your dd, that's horrible! I hope that the HC does something about that swiftly. That should not be tolerated. This sport may be individual, but it is also a TEAM sport. Those who can not support their teammates, should be reprimanded. If it continues, I would ask for a meeting with the HC and with the other girls parents. Good luck!

Congrats to Little Monkey for qualifying to States, that's all the day was about and she did what she had to do.

Just thought I'd jump in and say that I've heard all about the Action stuff too - nj.com site. Crazy, huh! Does anyone have any idea what gym rented space to those 2 looneys???

Did read though Blackie that Level 8 States will be at the Sports Zone place you had mentioned before and that Jason said he should have a schedule shortly after 3/15.

Gymmonkeymomma, I'll be at North Stars, we should plan a time to swap hi's! I am hoping and praying that our (figuring 12 yr old group) report time is not 8am. I really don't want to have to foot a hotel bill for this Sectional.

Good job again to Little Monkey... hope she is starting to feel better. Our L5s were down at Airborne and had a good meet too, everyone qualified (all 2 of them, should have a few more come the next Sectional)!

Did read though Blackie that Level 8 States will be at the Sports Zone place you had mentioned before and that Jason said he should have a schedule shortly after 3/15.

Gymmonkeymomma, I'll be at North Stars, we should plan a time to swap hi's! I am hoping and praying that our (figuring 12 yr old group) report time is not 8am. I really don't want to have to foot a hotel bill for this Sectional.

Oooh, I hope you don't get an 8am report time ...that would be ugly!! LOL. We only live about 20 mins from NS. I'm sure we will be the ones w/the early report! Let's make plans to meet after we get the final info.

So far 4 of our Level 8's have qualified, so there are 3 girls left (mine included) that "need" the next Sectional. DD also has a meet this Fri at Rutgers....I think she might be doing her pirouette, but she already said definitely NOT her tsuk b/c "that's where I got hurt last time" :rolleyes:

Sounds like a plan! I am sure we will hear something in the next couple of days.

Oooh, I hope you don't get an 8am report time ...that would be ugly!! LOL. We only live about 20 mins from NS. I'm sure we will be the ones w/the early report! Let's make plans to meet after we get the final info.

So far 4 of our Level 8's have qualified, so there are 3 girls left (mine included) that "need" the next Sectional. DD also has a meet this Fri at Rutgers....I think she might be doing her pirouette, but she already said definitely NOT her tsuk b/c "that's where I got hurt last time" :rolleyes:

I'm sorry for your loss, but way to go little monkey! We are looking at maybe taking our first L5 meet in a few weeks ourselves (DD is L4 right now) but WTG making it to states!
Snowbound

So very sorry to hear about your priest.Big congrats to your little DD on making it to states!!!!I have to agree that little gymie teasing your dd is horrible and the coaches need to handle that problem real quick

Supposedly that mean girl has been "handled" because not only was she mean to my DD, also to the other 3 Level 5 girls, as well as some of the older higher level girls AND she has been disrespectful to ALL of the coaches. I don't know what's been said or done, but I just keep telling my kids to stay away from her!

YIKES! Tell Lil'monkey to stay away from her! Was she at your gym long or a transfer? Sometimes new gymmies are a little *fiesty* until they feel comfortable. If she's been there awhile, eventually she'll get the hint she's being mean if all the girls stay away from her.

YIKES! Tell Lil'monkey to stay away from her! Was she at your gym long or a transfer? Sometimes new gymmies are a little *fiesty* until they feel comfortable. If she's been there awhile, eventually she'll get the hint she's being mean if all the girls stay away from her.

She came to our gym about a year ago, she left her old gym under some "mysterious" circumstances...... we actually got several gymnasts from her old gym and they don't have many nice things to say.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back