Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
acro-tumbling-3.jpg

With all of the talk about college gymnastics lately... we thought it would be a great time to share some more options for gymnasts moving into college!

Here is our latest article from our writer Jen Kula...

WHAT ARE YOUR QUESTIONS OR EXPERIENCES WITH EITHER ACRO & TUMBLING OR COLLEGE CLUB GYMNASTICS?​

We'd love to hear them!

My daughter competed Xcel Diamond two years and is now a second year L9 at 16 (her first go-around at L9 when she was 14 was disrupted by COVID. She decided about six weeks ago to explore the Acro & Tumbling recruiting world. Now just 6 weeks later and she's already been invited on an official visit to a D2 school. There are a lot of opportunities in A&T if it's something your daughter may have interest in. My daughter is now finally excited about exploring colleges, which makes this momma happy. She'd had a lot of fear of college searches because of academics and cost, and she's suddenly excited.

WHAT ARE YOUR QUESTIONS OR EXPERIENCES WITH EITHER ACRO & TUMBLING OR COLLEGE CLUB GYMNASTICS?​

We'd love to hear them!
I’m an A&T (NCATA) official as well, and the meets are very interesting and impressive. I am impressed with the strength and precision of these athletes, and at how hard they work. It’s a great path for retired or former gymnasts, and every year more colleges are adding it to their program.
if you have the chance to watch a meet near you, you should go.

How does one go about learning more about which schools offer A&T and club?

I’m guessing ideally I’m looking for something similar to mymeetscores that would help me see how big the teams are, how competitive they are, etc? And not that there is a “right” answer to either of those — more of a right fit for different athletes.

Reactions: JBS
How does one go about learning more about which schools offer A&T and club?

I’m guessing ideally I’m looking for something similar to mymeetscores that would help me see how big the teams are, how competitive they are, etc? And not that there is a “right” answer to either of those — more of a right fit for different athletes.
here is a link of all the clubs . You can always create a club too!

And here's a link to the governing association for college A&T: https://thencata.org/

There are links to the schools, which seem to be added almost weekly! 50 D1, 2 and 3 schools have announced programs. Not all are currently active-- a few are going to have their first season starting in January 2023, and others in 2024. There are 30+ already competing.

How does a gymnast learn stunting if there are no gyms offering Acro & Tumbling in your area? Joining a cheer team?

How does a gymnast learn stunting if there are no gyms offering Acro & Tumbling in your area? Joining a cheer team?
You can have your gymnast attend camps over the summer. Most of the A&T schools offer at least a one day camp. Oregon does a 3 day one, as does Baylor I believe.

My daughter is an acrobatic gymnast and there are quite a few acrobatic gymnasts getting A&T spots as well.

Wanted to bump this up and encourage any HS girls who like tumbling to consider A&T for college. There are a lot of scholarship opportunities. My L9 daughter, 2024 grad, already has a good scholarship offer, and that's after not a lot of work on the recruiting front. If they're worried about the acro and stunting element, all the coaches my daughter has talked to have said they fully expect to teach acro, pyramid and toss from scratch once you get on campus. Don't let the lack of knowledge or experience on that front get in your way.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back