Parents Help

• Thread starter Deleted member 28469
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 28469

My older DD was asked to be set back to level 9 this year while her friends are going to level 10. My DD is super sad but there is nothing I can do. She is 14 and she is muscular and has all the level 10 skills. Why is she set back when she will do well?

Please ask for a meeting with her coaches. At her age and level, I would consider including her in the discussion. We can understand your frustration but there is no way for us to understand even a simple reason why they would make this decision and it’s rarely a simple decision.

You should either talk to the coach or have her evaluated at another gym with the intention of moving if it’s that much of a problem.

That’s the right call. Communication with the people in your child’s life is very important.
And it's today at 8pm after practice
Another option is xcel platinum... i think?

Yay! I'm glad you have a meeting scheduled.

If the question is her readiness for L10, then I don't understand how Xcel even enters the conversation.

Definitely not Platinum (that's like L5/L6 depending on gym) but maybe Diamond if she feels like relaxing a bit? Glad you have the meeting scheduled, keep us posted. :)

Definitely not Platinum (that's like L5/L6 depending on gym) but maybe Diamond if she feels like relaxing a bit? Glad you have the meeting scheduled, keep us posted. :)
Agree that it would definitely not be xcel platinum. It would be diamond or sapphire, if available in your region, for 9/10 skills. I would not bring up xcel as an option unless your dd is ready to practice less hours and does not want to do gymnastics on a college team.

And it's today at 8pm after practice
Just ask the reasoning behind your DD doing another year at L9 and how ready is she for L10. Try to understand the coach's point of view with regards to only your DD.

I would also leave out the XCEL option unless your DD is really wanting to switch. No need to confuse the situation.

Not if L10 and college gym beyond the club level is her ultimate goal. Compared to Xcel Platinum, an extra year of L9 would be much preferable based on the gyms that I've been in.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back