NCAA NCAA choreography

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I saw some really good routines from the Vegas meets this weekend. But in general, yes.

We passed up an opportunity to have a D1/NCAA college choreographer because my DD thinks the style is "too cutesy."
(I kind of agree with her but if she'd wanted it I would have hired them)

We passed up an opportunity to have a D1/NCAA college choreographer because my DD thinks the style is "too cutesy."
(I kind of agree with her but if she'd wanted it I would have hired them)
I would just like to see some actual dance. Especially since there were a lot of routines with just two tumbling runs.

This might be controversial, and not saying that there isn't room for improvement, but NCAA choreo is lot better than most L10 choreo, and I'll even say most Elite choreo too.
Can you give me an example of a routine that you thought had good choreography?

Wow! I loved that routine posted above. She really was expressive. I do feel that most routines (NCAA, elite, club, etc.) are all lacking in the dance department. It does feel rare to see a routine that really pulls in the audience. Side note: The gymnast in the video did two passes, double tuck, and double pike. That is enough to fulfill the requirements? I always thought they needed two saltos in one tumbling run?

I love the routine above. I don’t want them all like that but it’s fun, she hits all of the accents and really sells it. Please post other wonderful NCAA routines. It’s always fun to see new ones.

should there be a different standard for elite choreography versus NCAA?

No... I'm going to guess that NCAA style choreo will migrate into elite.

Side note: The gymnast in the video did two passes, double tuck, and double pike. That is enough to fulfill the requirements? I always thought they needed two saltos in one tumbling run?
the first pass, she does a punch front, ROBH - double back. The saltos don't have to be connected, just in the same series. She gets the rest of her requirements through jumps/leaps. She scored a 9.675

Can you give me an example of a routine that you thought had good choreography?
One of my favorite choreographed routines right now is Ana Irene Palacios from Iowa State. Great Latin flavor and she can dance! Yes there is butt shaking too but it's fun! If you have facebook, link is here, her routine at 1:49:20 - Okay tried posting, but you can't embed media. But if you go to the Iowa State Gymnastics FB page they posted their first meet livestream and it's at 1:49:20.

Reactions: JBS

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back