WAG can round off 2 back handspring and round off 1 back hand spring be xcel gold floor passes?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ash124

Gymnast
can round off 2 back handspring and round off 1 back hand spring be used for my xcel gold floor passes?

Yes. On fx acro flight elements with hand support receive value part credit regardless of how many times performed as long as the pass is not exactly the same.

Gold does require one salto. So front tuck, back tuck, or an ariel would meet this requirement. Round off back handspring or round off double back handspring would meet the requirement of at least two flight elements connected though.

Gold does require one salto. So front tuck, back tuck, or an ariel would meet this requirement. Round off back handspring or round off double back handspring would meet the requirement of at least two flight elements connected though.
I believe Gold doesn't require a salto on floor as long as there are two passes with at least two directly connected acro skills with flight

I believe Gold doesn't require a salto on floor as long as there are two passes with at least two directly connected acro skills with flight
Not according to my coaches. I wanted to do FHS-SO FHS and FHS-SO RO. I was told I could do one of those and some sort of a salto. Could be a gym rule but I've never seen a Gold routine without one in competition.

Not according to my coaches. I wanted to do FHS-SO FHS and FHS-SO RO. I was told I could do one of those and some sort of a salto. Could be a gym rule but I've never seen a Gold routine without one in competition.
I have seen many without, including athletes at our gym. It's your gym requiring the salto. Gold floor requires one pass with 2 directly connected acro flight skills and a 2nd pass with either 2 directly connected acro flight skills OR one salto.

currently i compete round off backhand spring and front handspring step out round off and i get 10.0 SV.

No you can’t because of the new rule changes. Judges now count those passes as the same skill. I did that at a meet and received a 9.4 start value. You will need either a salto, aerial or two different connected flight skills (ex. Round off tuck or fhs step out round off)

No you can’t because of the new rule changes. Judges now count those passes as the same skill. I did that at a meet and received a 9.4 start value. You will need either a salto, aerial or two different connected flight skills (ex. Round off tuck or fhs step out round off)
Interesting because in sc region 8 it is allowed.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back