Need Some Clarification

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So, i haven't competed USAG for three years, and i'm hoping i am going to be able to switch gyms and compete somewhere else next year that has USAG. I was a level 8, and would move to level 9 right away most likely. I am a little confused about the whole bonus/requirements thing, so i need some clarification.
First, i would like to know what each of these skills are.
Bars
Cast to handstand
switch kip
stoop/ cast squat on

Beam
Full turn on toe
level 5 mount
simple down dance
Double stag jump

Floor
Valdez
front pike
back tuck
straddle jump

Then, i would also like to know what the "special" requirements are.
Also, is there any rule that you can't have so many of a skill in a rouine? Like we can't have 3 of any skill or they don't get counted.
Bonus questions
Floor
Front hand spring + Front full + front tuck
0.2 bonus?
Round off + back hand spring + double full
0.1 bonus?
Bars
Cast hand stand 1/2 + sole regrasp (toe shoop to high bar?)
0.2 bonus?
Cast hand stand 1/2 + freehip to hand + blind
0.2 bonus?
Beam
Double stag + back tuck
0.2 bonus?
Back hand spring + layoutstepout
0.1 bonus?

PS. i don't have a rule book to look this stuff up in, but i want to start working connections and skills.
:)

So, i haven't competed USAG for three years, and i'm hoping i am going to be able to switch gyms and compete somewhere else next year that has USAG. I was a level 8, and would move to level 9 right away most likely. I am a little confused about the whole bonus/requirements thing, so i need some clarification.
First, i would like to know what each of these skills are.
Bars
Cast to handstand- B skill
switch kip-A
stoop/ cast squat on-A

Beam
Full turn on toe-A
level 5 mount-A
simple down dance-?
Double stag jump-A

Floor
Valdez-A
front pike-B
back tuck-A
straddle jump-B

Then, i would also like to know what the "special" requirements are.
Also, is there any rule that you can't have so many of a skill in a rouine? Like we can't have 3 of any skill or they don't get counted.
Bonus questions

The skill can be done twice, but needs to be in a different connection- for example; beam- bhs, bhs connected counts as 2 b's, but bhs, stop bhs, counts as just one B, as its just the same skill.
Floor
Front hand spring + Front full + front tuck
0.2 bonus? yes
Round off + back hand spring + double full
0.1 bonus? no
Bars
Cast hand stand 1/2 + sole regrasp (toe shoop to high bar?) yes
0.2 bonus?
Cast hand stand 1/2 + freehip to hand + blind yes
0.2 bonus?
Beam
Double stag + back tuck-no
0.2 bonus?
Back hand spring + layoutstepout-not now, but they are thinking of changing that next year
0.1 bonus?

PS. i don't have a rule book to look this stuff up in, but i want to start working connections and skills.

Hopefully, this helps!

Thanks, that helped a lot but i've still go tsome questions.
Floor
Handstand pierouette 1/1?

Why wouldn't a back hand spring + double full be a 0.1 bonus? is an A + C, which is a 0.1 bonus, right?

Handstand full pirouette on floor is an A.

For C+A acro bonus on floor, skills must be saltos. A whip double full would be .1 bonus.

Hi,
Oops, Front handspring, front full front tuck would only be .10 bonus, it would have to punch into a front pike or front lay to get .2.

K. I was thinking that for some reason. I know that a FHS front 1/1 Front Pike is .2 bonus because somebody told me that at a camp this summer.
Ok, so i've been trying to get routines figured out, and what i've got so far is pretty good, but i have more questions. On bars, a kip is an A, right? I have 4 kips and a cast squat on in my routine, and you have to have 3 A's, so does that fufil the requirement? Also, does two giants in a row count as two B's?

You can only count 2 kips toward your As, but you're fine because of the cast squat on (your 3rd A). 2 giants in a row = 2 Bs.

Thanks! I think i have all of my routines figured out for next year, but if i find any more questions, i'll ask you guys! Thanks!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back