Parents Beam requirements

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

For diamond, the requirement for flight says “Acro Series – with or without Flight - Minimum of one skill must achieve or pass through vertical (excluding mount or dismount); AND one (1) Acro Flight element (Isolated or Series). Would a backwalkover-backwalkover series and a backhandspring backtuck dismount meet this requirement?

Parent to two diamonds. Seems like it should. We have a teammate who does cartwheel cartwheel combination, and a round off back tuck dismount. 10.0 start value I believe.

I am going to jump in on this and ask what the SV would be for a diamond with an isolated BHS and a handstand back tuck dismount? Would this not be a 10.0 SV since the "series" is part of her dismount?

She is changing it right now (a week before states) because her BHS BHS series just isn't connecting so she loses credit for it at every meet.

Not in the US but I would say the series needs 2 elements on the beam. I have never come across a level where an Acro skill into the actual dismount skill counts for the series.

The back walkover back walkover and a bhs to back tuck dismount meets requirements for Diamond. The isolated bhs and then handstand to back tuck dismount would not as the handstand to back tuck dismount does not include two connected skills on the beam. Alternatives for series into dismount could be handstand swing through cartwheel back tuck dismount ; cartwheel swing thru round off back tuck dismount; handstand bhs back tuck dismount. A popular series with a couple of my kids this year has been bhs swing thru cartwheel. (I have had to be really creative with Diamond series!).

I am going to jump in on this and ask what the SV would be for a diamond with an isolated BHS and a handstand back tuck dismount? Would this not be a 10.0 SV since the "series" is part of her dismount?

She is changing it right now (a week before states) because her BHS BHS series just isn't connecting so she loses credit for it at every meet.
No, the series has to start and finish on the beam.

With spondy she can’t do BWO BWO.. she has 2 back handsprings but she misses the connection too often. Maybe trying handstand back handspring this week to see how it goes.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back