WAG 2022 TOPs testing

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I worked the front desk at our gym when they implemented the TOPs program, and when they changed it from invite only to try-outs.

You would think that -I- personally stole the Olympics from under them.

About 1/3rd of the invite-only kids dropped out as soon as that group doubled, moms said they weren't paying extra for everyone to get the same training.

(I have some strong feelings on this insanity)

The TOPs program definitely creates crazy parents… but it’s a good program. With some minor modifications… it’s a great Level 10 training program (instead of elite). That’s what I would like to see more of… TOPs for L10… basically just starting with a solid foundation.

The TOPs program definitely creates crazy parents… but it’s a good program. With some minor modifications… it’s a great Level 10 training program (instead of elite). That’s what I would like to see more of… TOPs for L10… basically just starting with a solid foundation.
Isn't that what DP compulsory and lower level optionals are? If gyms follow the skill progression and incorporate conditioning/physical abilities shouldn't they be successful. I will say our gym does physical abilities type activities each practice and does actually score the girls periodically. Mid summer they shared the scores with parents and it was clear that the girls being trained to skip levels were at the top of the list along with the upper level optional girls.

For folks doing TOPs, curious how skill/routine development is going in your gym.

Thanks for reminding me... gotta meet with a family and see if they are interested.

Isn't that what DP compulsory and lower level optionals are? If gyms follow the skill progression and incorporate conditioning/physical abilities shouldn't they be successful.

The Developmental program progresses each level to the next level... for example... L3 progresses to L4... L4 to L5.

The TOPs program really pushes towards L10 basics (which would be around L8 for a 9 year old) right from the beginning. Kip cast handstands for 8 year olds...

Thank you USA Gymnastics!

According to the email released to State TOPs Managers today...

It is also recommended that State Committees invite the TOPs State Managers to all state meetings...
Hello, did you ever find a scoring breakdown for upcoming TOPS testing?

Can I bump this thread? This past weekend was the last skills testing, I believe. I know we are anxiously waiting to hear who will be invited to National Testing!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back