Parents Switching grades. Is it possible? (UK)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mogym

Proud Parent
Hey all,

Just wondering if you've started national grade route, are you able to switch grade to compulsory, further down the line?

For context my daughter is doing national grade 5 in April.

Thank you!

Yes you can switch to Compulsory but must compete Compulsory 4 so your daughter could compete National 5 this year and Compulsory 4 next year. As she gets older it is less likely that she will make the switch but can still continue with National grades and then onto the Challenge Cup which is an alternative way to qualify for the British.

That's really helpful thank you. I thibk it's unlikely she'll switch as has too much of a life outside of gym to commit to that many hours! Not a bad thing. Also in effect that would mean she's a year behind right? Not ideal. Let's see how she gets on in 4 weeks time! X

Reactions: rd7
That's really helpful thank you. I thibk it's unlikely she'll switch as has too much of a life outside of gym to commit to that many hours! Not a bad thing. Also in effect that would mean she's a year behind right? Not ideal. Let's see how she gets on in 4 weeks time! X
not necessarily a year behind you can do 2 compulsory grades in one year if you want. However a lot of girls take 2 years to do compulsory 2. One or two years out of age is not a problem.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back