Parents I won!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

cathiann

I will be the new secretary of our booster club :). Anyone else volunteer there? I was the "chairperson" the last few years--really had no role other than voting at meetings LOL. I like it now--parental involvement is so much better, I actually had to run against someone the last two years! My first year running, I was unopposed ;)

Congrats!! I didn't hold any position with our old gym's booster club, but mostly because I was new and not ready to jump in. New gym has no booster club, so won't be doing that.

Have fun!

Congrats!

I am currently the VP of our parents' association and I am also in charge of the girls' team meet registrations. It's alot of work but also very rewarding. I'm also the treasurer at big DD's school PTO. Just call me crazy.

I am girls team rep for your Booster Club I like it but it is a lot of work. I register girls for all the get the shedules sent out. There is always a parent in my job who is mad about something but that is life.

I wish we had more than 1 person wanting a job in the Booster Club. What a great problem. I suppose not if you are the one being opposed however.

best wishes for a good Booster Club year.

Congrats!

I am currently the VP of our parents' association and I am also in charge of the girls' team meet registrations. It's alot of work but also very rewarding. I'm also the treasurer at big DD's school PTO. Just call me crazy.

Our treasurer does that--sort of. I know that she works on it with the HC too. I love doing it too--getting more involved means I find out more about what's going on too!

You are lucky to have so many parents intereseted in being involved! I am the President of our Booster Club and it's like pulling teeth to get parents to volunteer for it. It's a ton of work and I'm pretty sure I will not be doing it past this next term but it is also rewarding and you do get to know the coaches and gym owner.

Congrats to you on being elected Secretary!

Meg

Congrats!! I didn't hold any position with our old gym's booster club, but mostly because I was new and not ready to jump in. New gym has no booster club, so won't be doing that.

Have fun!

Perhaps you should start one!

Perhaps you should start one!

I don't think the owner of the gym wants one. They do pretty well it seems without one. I am actually okay with it because her old gym was a very involved booster club, lots of hours to work, money to pay for things, etc. It actually balances out even, but I will get paid to work at meets. :D

Unfortunately our club doesn't have a booster club about 7 years ago they were having a meeting at the gym and the owner sat in on the meeting. The next thing you know the Pres of the club was calling her names and verbally attacking her (it was very very bad - just awful).

It was like my 2nd time going to the meetings and I couldn't believe this meeting and how the "adults" were acting with the owner. The next day the owner disbanded the booster club and hasn't allowed one since. Those of us who are now on the team and were just starting out back then are only a few but we have tried to convince the owner to try it again - so far no luck any suggestions to change her mind would be appreciated. She became very tough after that attack.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back