Off Topic College

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

NYgymfan

Hi everyone! I realized the other night that I've been off this site for over a month! It's been a busy past few weeks with college stuff and school and track and gym and everything else.

So I didn't get into Harvard :(. But I did get into Georgetown and Duke, so I'm thrilled about that :D:D! Can't decide which one though....oh well, still have about 2 weeks left to do that! Hope everyone else is doing well!

Congratulations! That is so awesome! You can't go wrong with either of those schools!!! Good luck trying to decide which one. Have you already visited both of the campuses?

I had been wondering where you'd been, I was so used to seeing you around. Great news on the Colleges, you have two great choices there.

Life is great, the site grows daily, can't keep up with all of it some days!!!

Both Duke and Georgetown are great schools, and I think most people end up loving whatever school they choose. Were their financial aid packages comparable? (I took the scholarship over the prestige, and I haven't regretted that decision). What do you think your major will be?

You're back! I'm back! :D Well congrats on the colleges! I am most positive you will do excellent at both :)

Well the decision has been made....Georgetown :)

There were no financial aid packages offered. I don't qualify for need based, and even though I'm smart, I'm probably just average when you compare all the people accepted to schools like Duke and Georgetown.

I think you made a great decision. Not only is the school fantastic... but with it being in DC, think of all the fantastic intermship opportunities that await you!!! Enjoy your senior year!

I think you made a great decision. Not only is the school fantastic... but with it being in DC, think of all the fantastic intermship opportunities that await you!!! Enjoy your senior year!

That factored heavily into the decision. Up until last fall, I always wanted to be a Wall Street banker. But I've seen and heard a lot I didn't like about it ever since the economy turned bad. At the same time, I was getting totally and completely fascinated by the election we had last fall. And everyone says I'm a good arguer, so I'm thinking political science and pre-law.

That factored heavily into the decision. Up until last fall, I always wanted to be a Wall Street banker. But I've seen and heard a lot I didn't like about it ever since the economy turned bad. At the same time, I was getting totally and completely fascinated by the election we had last fall. And everyone says I'm a good arguer, so I'm thinking political science and pre-law.

I think you would do AMAZING at that (considering how you acted during last year's election ;))

I just made my decision yesterday!

It came down to St Norbert and Beloit College. St Norbert has a great track program, and some sweet internships (like with the British Parliament, the UN, and in DC), but Beloit has way better academics, and many of the same programs...but better. So I made it Beloit! I am just so excited (and relieved) that I finally came to a decision. Beloit is just over an hour away from my house, so yesterday I got the chance to hang out with the track team, and hand my deposit in personally.

It came down to St Norbert and Beloit College. St Norbert has a great track program, and some sweet internships (like with the British Parliament, the UN, and in DC), but Beloit has way better academics, and many of the same programs...but better. So I made it Beloit! I am just so excited (and relieved) that I finally came to a decision. Beloit is just over an hour away from my house, so yesterday I got the chance to hang out with the track team, and hand my deposit in personally.

That is awesome gracefulone!!!! I am 100% confident you will do amazing there! Such great opportunities. Congrats again! :)

Well yay Kate! Glad you found what you wanted, and that's pretty cool about handing in the deposit personally!

Thanks everyone; I'm beyond excited! I've read the course book cover to cover, and have eyed up some classes I want to take. And there's so much diversity there, that there's a 40% or 50% chance my roommate will be from another country.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back