Perfect 10

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

cher062

OH BOY!! Saw and ad for it today and its coming June 7th. My DD can hardly wait for it. I'm hoping it won't be a show that bashes gymnastics and will build up the image of the sport.

It's a shame they didn't find actors that looked more like gymnasts, I found that the girl running for the vault just looked wrong. I am sure the kids will love it, but hopefully it plays up the great side of gymnastics and doesn't end up like a Parkettes type drama.

I would also love it if they get it technically correct as watching a show that gets the details wrong would be irritating for gymmies.

It's a shame they didn't find actors that looked more like gymnasts, I found that the girl running for the vault just looked wrong. I am sure the kids will love it, but hopefully it plays up the great side of gymnastics and doesn't end up like a Parkettes type drama.

I would also love it if they get it technically correct as watching a show that gets the details wrong would be irritating for gymmies.

HA HA HA!! Bog, I noticed the same thing about the girl running for the vault. I can't quite put my finger on it, but something's wrong. I'll have to show the trailer to Katy, she'll probably pick right up on it and tell me what's wrong!

I do hope it's a decent TV show tho... There are so few of them out there for the barely teenaged set. Or for any age, that matter!

HA HA HA!! Bog, I noticed the same thing about the girl running for the vault. I can't quite put my finger on it, but something's wrong. I'll have to show the trailer to Katy, she'll probably pick right up on it and tell me what's wrong!

I do hope it's a decent TV show tho... There are so few of them out there for the barely teenaged set. Or for any age, that matter!

She has a regular teen body, not the wide back of a tumbler, she just looks like some girl at the pool who has decided to vault, oddly enough using a yurchenko collar on the board. Also the way she hits the board means she won't be vaulting over anything, just check it out, made me snort!

Unfortunetely, I think it's going to be just awful. I heard about it, and was like oh this is going to be great! I thought they were doing a real life thing, focusing on gymnasts who wanted to make it to elite. The ad is just awkward. The way the girl runs down the vault is so weird, she like tightens her fist and seems to fling her legs back and fling her arms sideways and back. They might think she is trying to look determined... she looks REALLY weird. And she hits the board completely wrong! I think some people who DON'T do gym might like it. But I think for the sport of gymnastics it's going to impact us negatively. I think they are going to try to dramatize certain aspects of it, and also put in dating stuff that definetly does not affect our sport. Yes dating affects us in gymnastics, but I bet they are going to like have a girl choose between her boyfriend and gym or something stupid like that!
I don't think I'll be able to bare to watch it. It looks fake and nothing like the sport, the girls don't look like gymnasts and the moves are going to be just awkward. And I bet they aren't going to show how much effort goes into it, and just more about drama. Urg the previews are just frustrating! I'm pretty sure I'm going to want to chuck something at the TV while watching this.

What stations are everyone seeing previews on, I haven't seen any (and I'm dying to see the ackward girl running down the runway. :rotfl:)

I'm probably watching the wrong channels....

also put in dating stuff that definetly does not affect our sport. Yes dating affects us in gymnastics, but I bet they are going to like have a girl choose between her boyfriend and gym or something stupid like that!

Well we all know a true gymnast would choose the sport every time ;)

What stations are everyone seeing previews on, I haven't seen any (and I'm dying to see the ackward girl running down the runway. :rotfl:)

I've seen them on ABC Family. (same channel as Kyle XY and the Secret Live of the American Teenager)

Unfortunetely, I think it's going to be just awful. I heard about it, and was like oh this is going to be great! I thought they were doing a real life thing, focusing on gymnasts who wanted to make it to elite. The ad is just awkward. The way the girl runs down the vault is so weird, she like tightens her fist and seems to fling her legs back and fling her arms sideways and back. They might think she is trying to look determined... she looks REALLY weird. And she hits the board completely wrong! I think some people who DON'T do gym might like it. But I think for the sport of gymnastics it's going to impact us negatively. I think they are going to try to dramatize certain aspects of it, and also put in dating stuff that definetly does not affect our sport. Yes dating affects us in gymnastics, but I bet they are going to like have a girl choose between her boyfriend and gym or something stupid like that!
I don't think I'll be able to bare to watch it. It looks fake and nothing like the sport, the girls don't look like gymnasts and the moves are going to be just awkward. And I bet they aren't going to show how much effort goes into it, and just more about drama. Urg the previews are just frustrating! I'm pretty sure I'm going to want to chuck something at the TV while watching this.

I have to admit when I first heard of it I thought it was going to be a reality show, and was like oh, cool! But I see it isn't that at all, so now I am not going to be watching it at all.

does anyone who if it will eb shown in the uk as we never seem to have any programs on gymnastics

Probably not. Maybe CBBC or something will pick it up, but I'm afraid we'll just need to stick with youtube for the time being!!

I posted the link to the ad the other day, but I guess nobody spotted it LOL.

My bet: It's going to be just dumb.

It's about a Gymnast, but i'm highly sceptical that it's doing to have anything to do with REAL gymnastics. i.e. Lots of family tension senarios... coach / gymmie disagreements... friend/friend team rivalries -- all of which will be resolved within a single competition "life event". Awww... they all made up and will live happily ever after. <sniff... sniff>

Just watching the trailer... clearly Dad is going to be over-involved. A HS gymmie will fall in love or be "over involved" with coach-- or another gymmies BF.

0:05 into the trailer.... is that two girls kissing?

Nothing about real gym, and everything about an emotional teens life in a typical 90210 setting -- with a gym in it. After-School special at Primetime.

I'll be sure to miss it.

Last edited:

I don't know what channel it's on, but I found the trailer on Youtube

YouTube - Make It or Break It ABC Family new show 6/22 9 pm

o O yeah, I really really wished they would've used actual gymnasts. I probably isn't going to focus on the sport at all and just focus on random teenage drama...like every drama on tv XP

Okay, at first I though it would be good, but after seeing the trailer, I really don't think it will turn out that well. I also agree that it would be sooo much better if they used real gymnasts.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back