Parents Westerns Result

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We had fun.It was a good experience.Great gymnasts there.Especially from Texas.
Went to the BBQ the night before which was really fun too.It was at Woolaroc Ranch.We were greated by cowboys and saw a buffalo right next to the street.They had a DJ and fireworks at the end.
Dd session was at 0800 am.So that would be 0600 our time.They are 2 hrs ahead.
She started on bars and as you know it is not her thing although she had done better the last couple of meets.
She missed her pirouette on highbar and had to stop,touched her feet on the ground after overshoot but landed her doubleback.Now I'm really proud of that.that was only the second time in competition.Needless to say her score was 7.4.Her SV is 9.7.
On beam she had a few wobbles but stayed on.Made her beam routine without falling for the last 3 meets.That is really great.Score 9.175.
Had a few mistakes on floor.First they started the wrong music then you could hardly hear the music at the beginning.Score 8.95.
Vault I thought was great.Fell on the first one but stuck her second piked tsuk.
Score 8.975 with a 9.5 SV.
Again there were a lot of great gymnasts and it was a good experience for dd.
Here is the vid.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q4dwR_9nHwere

VId link doesn't work.

Great that you had such a fun time. She has worked so had and to reach Westerns is a huge acheivment for any gymnast. It is always intersting, when you get to such high level meets, to see the talent from across a large region. Sounds like she had some great points to her competition, wonderfull that she landed her doubleback.

I can only imagine what next year will bring, she has improved steadily with every season and is still so young.

Hope you can repost the vid.

Fun to watch. How exciting to make it to Westerns. Way to go!

Glad to hear she had a great time experiencing the old west!!! She should be thrilled and proud to have made it to the national meet at age 11. Wow, watch out for this one next year. Watched the vid and what a great time to stick that double back!!! Loved to hear mom cheering her on----when I do that my gymmie gets all upset at me for embarrassing her.

My gymmie talked with the 1 L9 from our gym that was there as an alternate. She got to do the official practice and then watched 1 session or so on Fri. Then was told she would not be needed, so she and her mom had found a mall to hang out at. You are so right about those TX girls being very tough competition. We had an 11yo L9 who is in the Hopes program and she couldn't even qualify out of regionals with a 37.225.

Thanks.We are lucky to be in a Region that did not have many 11 year old Level 9's.
She still has accomplished alot for only being in gym for 5 years and only doing 18 hrs of gym a week.
Gymnastics in Texas and some other states is very competetive.

Sorry...I didn't see this post before I asked how she did. It was quite the experience though, wasn't it! Hope she really enjoyed the trip....now on to summer and new skills!

I thought her 2nd vault was awesome! Loved her floor, too - she has a real style about her that says "look at me" :) - not a bad thing in a gymnast! And as you said, what a great experience for her.

Cheers,
Lisa

Sorry...I didn't see this post before I asked how she did. It was quite the experience though, wasn't it! Hope she really enjoyed the trip....now on to summer and new skills!

How was your trip and how did your dd do?

I think she did great, what an accomplishment to have qualified for Westerns so young and her first year as a L9!! I am sure it is something she will never forget. :D

She did much better this year than last. She started on vault and had a really solid vault for her. She does a yerchenko piked also. She got a 9.0 with about 10 others! She placed 5th on bars...almost didn't make her pirouette and had to muscle it up, then got stuck in handstand. 9.05. She then went to beam and had a good routine, not her best but nice. 9.1. She had a great floor and scored 9.35 and tied for 5th I think (it shows 5th on her medal but MSO has 6th). She also placed 5th in the AA! All in all a great end to level 9.

Congrates.Nice scores.Off to Level 10.Yeah those bars are not my daughters strenght for shure.Although she loves doing them in practice.She can do her routine but is not very consistent with it.I was surprised she scored best on beam.It was one of her weakest events too and most of her skills were new this year.
Glad the season is over.Time to relax a little.

Congrats to your DD on Westerns! Sounds like it was Great experience and what an accomplishment to hit her beam routine at Westerns!

Nice job!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back