Floor music suggestions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

momo

Alright, I'm going to be 16 this year and probably level 7. I need some suggestions for floor music. I love the idea of doing Baba O'riley- by the Who, but I'm not sure if it will fit. I'm more of a power gymnast than a flexible dancer, which narrows my choices a bit.

Alright, I'm going to be 16 this year and probably level 7. I need some suggestions for floor music. I love the idea of doing Baba O'riley- by the Who, but I'm not sure if it will fit. I'm more of a power gymnast than a flexible dancer, which narrows my choices a bit.

Start by talking to your coach to see if they have suggestions but to see if you even get to make the choice. Many choose for the gymnast, or give the gymnast 3 choices etc. At our gym the coach does suggest some floor music but the gymnast can present up to 3 floor routines at a time to be Ok'ed by the the coach and owner. My daughter got her first choice but her friend must have gone through at least 30 pieces of music before the Irving Berlin Medley was approved.

Our last head coach (was HC when my DD was L4 and L5) didn't let the girls choose their music exactly. The HC chose 3 pieces of music and then the gymnast had to pick from one of those and no others.

Our last head coach (was HC when my DD was L4 and L5) didn't let the girls choose their music exactly. The HC chose 3 pieces of music and then the gymnast had to pick from one of those and no others.[/quote]
our gym does the same but we are also asked what we are looking for and if there is anything specific we are interested in:D

I know most coaches choose the music, although my coach wants me to pick out a few pieces and he will approve one of them.

What sort of music do you listen to normally? If you're powerful, more modern music is probably going to work better than classical. If you type floor music or instrumental into youtube, a lot of good stuff comes up, and if you like any elite's floor music, sign up for www.gymworld.de and search their Floor Music Thread.

Hope this helps :)

X

What sort of music do you listen to normally? If you're powerful, more modern music is probably going to work better than classical. If you type floor music or instrumental into youtube, a lot of good stuff comes up, and if you like any elite's floor music, sign up for www.gymworld.de and search their Floor Music Thread.

Hope this helps :)

X

yeah and i would say you should go with something that has a faster tempo beacause you're not a "flexible dancer" so it will let you have quicker shorter dance steps and more focus on the tumbling.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back