Hi - New to the Forum

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi! I am new to the forum. I am the mom of a Level 10 gymnast from Texas. We were originally from New York and just moved down to Texas 6 weeks ago.

Welcome to the Chalkbucket.

That was a big relocation, though I am sure you'll enjoy the winters much more down there. We have a number of parents here who are based in Texas, a very competitive state I hear.

Welcome to the board! This is a terrific group of people with all kinds of experience to share! I'm sure you'll love it here:D

I'd love to hear more about your gymmie, level 10 is very impressive!

Hi! I am new to the forum. I am the mom of a Level 10 gymnast from Texas. We were originally from New York and just moved down to Texas 6 weeks ago.
Hi all. I think learning to use this site is as big a challenge as returning to Gymnastics coaching after a nineteen year break so I hope this intoduction get through ok. I'm an Australian Womens' Gymnastics Coach who, like so many other parents/grandparents no doubt, has never done gymnastics but volunteers to help out for the sake of their kids and then get hooked. Before I left coaching 19 years ago I was coaching at a reasonably high competitive level and I put that down to a high expectation rather than strong gymnastics brain. Then as it is now I do much by trial & error (and that's ok) but never being a gymnast I can always tell what I see but not what they should be feeling. That is the main reason why I joined this group. Gymnasts and exgymnasts coaches may be able to fill in these gaps for me. The biomechanics are not usually the issue for, although I have forgotten more than I remember after such a long break from the sport I was/am so passionate about. I find that I can see things well & work out drills etc but simple things others take for granted I find hard to explain because I have never actually experienced it. eg How do other coaches explain the feeling of strong shoulder rise in the snap down/under section of a roundoff or bh spring?

Anyway hope to hear from many of you in the future.

Wally

Welcome! This is a great place. I have a 11 year old daughter that's a second year Level 9. We are in Region 2.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back