Middle Split Help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

nasticsISlove 72

i am having problems getting my straddle split all the way down. i am about 3-4 inches away from the ground. does anyone have any good stretches for straddles?

Our coaches will on occasion push the straddle lower. I've also seen weights set on the lower back/backside. My daughter says that's a hard one to push down by yourself, and she likes the assist. She'll do it with over-splits, too, and that's been a big help.

Disclaimer: I'm not suggesting to do any of that. Suggestions have to suit your coach. Just passing on what I've seen and what's been effective for my kid.

Try putting ankle weights on, laying down on your back with your hips bent at a 90 degree angle, with your backside against a wall (in other words your legs go up the wall). Then, open your legs to straddle and let gravity do the work--hold it for at least 2 minutes.

Try putting ankle weights on, laying down on your back with your hips bent at a 90 degree angle, with your backside against a wall (in other words your legs go up the wall). Then, open your legs to straddle and let gravity do the work--hold it for at least 2 minutes.
Wow Hammy I just did that may I say that realy streched me out
All I can say im practising it to let me splits It realy hurt and stuff
But it was so affective I would suggest this one It works well!

do splits between 2 boxes or splits with 1 foot on a box and hold for 1minute then do the other foot. Then after being on the boxes put it onto floor for 30seconds straight away. In a matter of weeks you will be flat.

I should have warned you that, that stretch kinda hurt a little. When I do it I just kinda lay back and let my mind go off some place else. I'm glad you liked it though!

I should have warned you that, that stretch kinda hurt a little. When I do it I just kinda lay back and let my mind go off some place else. I'm glad you liked it though!
Yeah I do it when im watching tv to keep my mind off it!
I also listen to music! I still have a low tolerance of pain
but thats what im trying to bring up! But thanx for
the drill!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back