Parents Midget State's Video

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

Midget's Dad

I would appreciate some critical eyes on her floor. Just not seeing the deductions for her score and I know it is probably me. I thought the judges were great, just not seeing them.

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l6b_Cx8DpQw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l6b_Cx8DpQw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Wow her beam routine was GREAT! Very nice form on those handstands.

Now...I am not a judge or a coach, but aside from some bent legs in places I would say she is probably getting deducted some on the roundoff on floor. I say this because my older DD had the same problem, it seems like her hands are on the floor at the same time as her feet at the end of it, and it needs to be that her hands are off the floor by the time her feet hit the ground. Does this make any sense at all?;) Gotta love all my technical terms!

But I noticed that only because I was LOOKING for deductions. I think she looked beautiful and she should be very very proud. She is going to be one great gymnast!!

Loved the video, too!

Will she do L4 next year? I will probably have a 6 year old L4 next year, too.:)

Great job.

This is what I saw:
She never fully got into her handstand for her rolldown. You are supposed to hold the handstand for 1 second. The roundoff was landed with her feet apart and her seat sticking out. You are supposed to land that standing pretty much straight up. On the backwards roll, her arms were slightly bent. The backbend never showed her shoulders pushed back over her hands. The lead foot on the kickover was flexed, instead of pointed. On the step, kick, hold, her leg was bent. The split leap had a rocking motion to it, instead of going up. She seems to be like my dd.....the little things will kill their score.

Wow her beam routine was GREAT! Very nice form on those handstands.

Now...I am not a judge or a coach, but aside from some bent legs in places I would say she is probably getting deducted some on the roundoff on floor. I say this because my older DD had the same problem, it seems like her hands are on the floor at the same time as her feet at the end of it, and it needs to be that her hands are off the floor by the time her feet hit the ground. Does this make any sense at all?;) Gotta love all my technical terms!

But I noticed that only because I was LOOKING for deductions. I think she looked beautiful and she should be very very proud. She is going to be one great gymnast!!

Loved the video, too!

Will she do L4 next year? I will probably have a 6 year old L4 next year, too.:)

She will be doing L4 next year. And even though they still have 2 meets they started training L4 skills today.

First, your daughter is super cute and a real joy to watch!

Here is what I came up with in her routine:
Bent leg on kick before hsforward roll
not vertical in hs on hsfoward roll
piked down on round-off
slight bent elbows in back roll
could be more graceful in laying down for bridge
bent lead leg in kickover
no "lever" coming out of kickover
bent knee in leg balance
bent lead leg in leap
bent leg in kick before coupe turn
feet not turned out

I would say the ONE thing that would influence her score the most would be learning to lead with her foot instead of her knee when she kicks or lifts her leg. She needs to lock her knee and swing from the hip instead of lifting from the knee with the leg slightly bent. Each instance of that will be .05-.1 in deduction and it will add up quickly through the course of a routine.

She will get better at that as she matures, but is an easy thing to practice at home and she can use a mirror to SEE if her leg is straight since she may not FEEL it yet.

How fun to start training level 4 already, I know mine loves uptraining! I thought she looked great. I agree with everyone on her floor score. It seems like mostly little things, that really add up. It will come with time and practice. :) She is really cute and did a great job!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back