Homeschool gym

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

feener44

Proud Parent
Hi. I have a 10 year old level 7. She did joga up till last summer. She wanted to move to usga She is adjusting. She has competed level 8 as well for a meet as she has her skills. She is very driven and focused. She is learning how to compete w the pressure and learning how to deal w not being
First in all events. My question is I have many moms who tell me I should move her to elite gym bc she is so good and driven. Coaches did mention they wld let me know is they think she shd move. I have no idea how to make right choice for my daughter. I am not a gym mom who is pushing her at all. I want
Her
To be happy and healthy and that is all that matters to me. Any advice ?

have her evaluated by an elite gym (or as many as you have around you to choose from) and also talk to the gym about their program's expectations, costs, etc.

or, you could do it the other way around and get program info first, then narrow down which gyms you'd consider and then have her evaluated.

once you have all of your information then your family needs to discuss all your options.

Hi. I have a 10 year old level 7. She did joga up till last summer. She wanted to move to usga She is adjusting. She has competed level 8 as well for a meet as she has her skills. She is very driven and focused. She is learning how to compete w the pressure and learning how to deal w not being
First in all events. My question is I have many moms who tell me I should move her to elite gym bc she is so good and driven. Coaches did mention they wld let me know is they think she shd move. I have no idea how to make right choice for my daughter. I am not a gym mom who is pushing her at all. I want
Her
To be happy and healthy and that is all that matters to me. Any advice ?
Curious how things are going for you, feener44. I have a homeschooling daughter who is in a "pre-elite" training program and it sounds like she shares some traits with your DD. It is intense, but she loves it. At the end of the day, though, if your daughter isn't happy or healthy then it doesn't matter how wonderful the gym or coaches are. Best of luck to you and your DD.

I haven't done anything. Going to discuss w current coaches after states and maybe see over summer. Tks. Do u homeschool her or does gym

I haven't done anything. Going to discuss w current coaches after states and maybe see over summer. Tks. Do u homeschool her or does gym
I homeschool her and have complete control over her curriculum. On the days when she stays at the gym for double sessions, she just does work that I have assigned her in between practices.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back