Parents Scoring Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

TumbleTimes4

Proud Parent
This is DDs first competitive season and it has been so much fun to watch. We are new to the sport of gymnastics and my husband and I are curious how they score the vault. Do they take the best score out of the two or do they average the two scores?

Reactions: sce
Each judge scores each vault (two scores on each vault). The judges take the scores from the better vault, and average their 2 scores together.

For example:

1st vault
Judge 1 - 8.850
Judge 2 - 9.050
Vault Score (averaged) 8.950

2nd vault -
Judge 1 - 9.000
Judge 2 - 9.150
Vaut Score (averaged) 9.075

In this example, the 2nd vault would be used as the score entered for that gymnast. If the 2nd vault isn't nearly as good as the first vault, I've seen judges just say to each other, "So, we are going with the first vault", agree and not even score the second one. Hope that makes sense!

Each judge scores each vault (two scores on each vault). The judges take the scores from the better vault, and average their 2 scores together.

For example:

1st vault
Judge 1 - 8.850
Judge 2 - 9.050
Vault Score (averaged) 8.950

2nd vault -
Judge 1 - 9.000
Judge 2 - 9.150
Vaut Score (averaged) 9.075

In this example, the 2nd vault would be used as the score entered for that gymnast. If the 2nd vault isn't nearly as good as the first vault, I've seen judges just say to each other, "So, we are going with the first vault", agree and not even score the second one. Hope that makes sense!

Yes thank you, that makes perfect sense!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back